Sign in to follow this  
Justin Cole

Help with pricing

Question

I just was out to bid on a whole cynder block house. Very clean condition. Measured it off at about 2300 sq ft. Looks like all I will need is my PW with water (no chem's). I want the job of course but I don't want to under bid to low. What do you think a fair price would be? $200.00? Thanks for any help!

15 answers to this question

I just was out to bid on a whole cynder block house. Very clean condition. Measured it off at about 2300 sq ft. Looks like all I will need is my PW with water (no chem's). I want the job of course but I don't want to under bid to low. What do you think a fair price would be? $200.00? Thanks for any help!

Why no chems? It will take longer, and you will have to charge more, Time is money, You said its very clean? No mold or Black mold on it?

I would charge 245.00 that is my min for house washes

find a daily amount you want to make and determin how long it will take you and charge accordingly but be sure to factor your driving time

Thanks! John what kind of chem's would you use. No mold on house some mold on bricks around the house.

We stick with .12 sq ft no matter what. We play up the fact that we have liability insurance as well as workman comp plus all of our business license. If they are only looking at price there is always someone who will do it for less. However I had calls to redo some of those done for less many times. We do add driveways at no cost if it is a small on and we alway make sure we do the city curb and sidewalk out front it just sets the house apart from the others more. Some job we get some we don't if I get them all then I am bidding to low.

I agree with a few of the thoughts from the responses. I think how much time it will take you is important, but you might want to also factor in how high the house is, for example one story or two. My formula (up in the Northwest) is a different rate for one story or two.

Also do you use a telescoping wand where you don't have to use a ladder? Is the whole house easily accessible? You might want to test a small area on the house to see if no chemicals is the best route.

Are you serious? You joined this forum today, and I joined back in April of '06.

Soooo.... just because you joined back in '06 right? You know everything and the newbies don't??!! You are not worth talking to. I responded to this question and you had to run your mouth about other people's experience.

So 06' right. Does that mean you know more than other people that post here? If you want to discuss your credentials this is not the place. Obviously you have a situation, a special needs situation that needs to be handled.

I simply was expressing my ten hours of experience, and whether you have more experience in this field, I can give a monkey's left testicle really.

Well, there is something to years of experience vs. hours of experience.

BUT, let's be nice about the situation.

This site is filled with newbs and Vets alike.

The number of post' does not determine one's experience in this field.

The responses to a post however does reflect one's experience and expertise in this field.

Actually this is a great place to discuss one's credentials IMO as it is open to the public and they can determine the "Pros" by their responses and experiences vs. a start ups ability to complete jobs properly with the right equipment and cleaning or restorations solutions and mixes. Which COULD lead to a potential customer hiring your firm ( or anybody's firm for that matter).

However, this is not the place for insults or badgering. We actually take pride in this forum because of this.

Well, there is something to years of experience vs. hours of experience.

BUT, let's be nice about the situation.

This site is filled with newbs and Vets alike.

The number of post' does not determine one's experience in this field.

The responses to a post however does reflect one's experience and expertise in this field.

Actually this is a great place to discuss one's credentials IMO as it is open to the public and they can determine the "Pros" by their responses and experiences vs. a start ups ability to complete jobs properly with the right equipment and cleaning or restorations solutions and mixes. Which COULD lead to a potential customer hiring your firm ( or anybody's firm for that matter).

However, this is not the place for insults or badgering. We actually take pride in this forum because of this.

Do you actually think I would state an opinion if I had only hours of experience? It was a joke for Big Mike that seems to believe his experience is the only one that matters. I agree this is not a place to badger, but actually help (newbies in experience) out

It was a joke for Big Mike that seems to believe his experience is the only one that matters.

Here you go again. How could it be a joke for me, if I hadn't even posted in this thread yet?? You seem to have some problem with me, and that's fine, just keep it out of your responses to legitimate questions if possible.