Sign in to follow this  
Little Buddy

Next summer

Question

16 answers to this question

I'm a college student so all i get is summer. My website will be finished by March, and the mailers will be sent out in early April and again in early May. I will be dedicating a lot of time over winter break towards developing a busines plan. I have a bulk of it done already but need to mesh it all together.

I also have a 15 week internship at beckman coulter (a scientific lab for a cool $18) for next summer so i think i will only be able to do the work on the weekends and bids in the evening.

What would you guys expect for call backs on 2 x1000 mailer? and how many of those call back would you expect to turn into jobs? I have read some earlier post on this topic, but i would like some more resent data/input.

Thanks, Joe

I'm a college student so all i get is summer. My website will be finished by March, and the mailers will be sent out in early April and again in early May. I will be dedicating a lot of time over winter break towards developing a busines plan. I have a bulk of it done already but need to mesh it all together.

I also have a 15 week internship at beckman coulter (a scientific lab for a cool $18) for next summer so i think i will only be able to do the work on the weekends and bids in the evening.

What would you guys expect for call backs on 2 x1000 mailer? and how many of those call back would you expect to turn into jobs? I have read some earlier post on this topic, but i would like some more resent data/input.

Thanks, Joe

Joe,

To be Honest with you, Sending 1000 mailers in April, and 1000 mailers in may to 2 different zones, may only get you 2-3 calls each time,

BUT if you send 3 mailers from April 1 - may 10 to the same 1000 you should close at least 10-15 jobs

Sending 1 mailer to 1000 people will yield littler results, The true power of direct mail, is repetition. The more the home owner sees you the more the remember you company is around.

For Instance:

April 1st - 1000 Mailers sent,

April 4th - Cards Land

April 5th - 8th - You receive 4 calls. and during those dates, you are driving your lettered vehicle to do the estimates.

now everyone in that zone has seen you TWICE,

April - 10 - 12 you close 2 jobs and perform these jobs on these dates. Now that’s 3 times the neighbors have seen you.

April 15 - 1000 cards sent to the same list as the first time

April 19th cards Land, now they have seen you 4 times.

April 20th - 25th you get 7-9 calls, During those dates you are again, driving your lettered vehicle through that neighborhood, They have now seen you 5 times.

April 25th - 29th you perform the 4-6 jobs you close, Now they have seen you 6 times.

May - 8th you send another 1000 cards to the same list.

May 12th cards land, Now they have seen you 7 times.

May 13-18th you receive 9-15 calls,

See the pattern, The more a targeted group sees an advertisement, a company, or a person, The more they remember that company.

Home owners are all procrastinators, they may need washing, but when they see you, there too lazy to call, but the more they see you, they more chances they have to call you, and you gain their business.

I have seen the same tree trimming company in my area for over a month, everyday I kept saying to myself, I need to get a price from them for my trees. Finally after a month of seing them, I finally asked them for an estimate today, And Monday my trees will be getting trimmed.

When a home owner, can put advertising in the mail, to an actually company that they see, to an actual person that they talk to, They will remember you first when the time comes for there cleaning needs to be filled.

Im a firm believer in this type of marketing because it has worked very well for me, and many other contractors. Also this works even better, with courier route mailing, because every single person on every street in a courier route will get a card. so while you doing a job at Jim bobs house, Mary Jane next door, has already seen your card, and now is seeing you work.

Make sure your cards look great, and that they are easy to read. if it doesent catch the home owners attention within 3 seconds, it will probably get disregarded.

Joe,

To be Honest with you, Sending 1000 mailers in April, and 1000 mailers in may to 2 different zones, may only get you 2-3 calls each time,

BUT if you send 3 mailers from April 1 - may 10 to the same 1000 you should close at least 10-15 jobs

Sending 1 mailer to 1000 people will yield littler results, The true power of direct mail, is repetition. The more the home owner sees you the more the remember you company is around.

For Instance:

April 1st - 1000 Mailers sent,

April 4th - Cards Land

April 5th - 8th - You receive 4 calls. and during those dates, you are driving your lettered vehicle to do the estimates.

now everyone in that zone has seen you TWICE,

April - 10 - 12 you close 2 jobs and perform these jobs on these dates. Now that’s 3 times the neighbors have seen you.

April 15 - 1000 cards sent to the same list as the first time

April 19th cards Land, now they have seen you 4 times.

April 20th - 25th you get 7-9 calls, During those dates you are again, driving your lettered vehicle through that neighborhood, They have now seen you 5 times.

April 25th - 29th you perform the 4-6 jobs you close, Now they have seen you 6 times.

May - 8th you send another 1000 cards to the same list.

May 12th cards land, Now they have seen you 7 times.

May 13-18th you receive 9-15 calls,

See the pattern, The more a targeted group sees an advertisement, a company, or a person, The more they remember that company.

That is an excellent example of how to use mailers. Nice post John.

The hauling reclaim water stuff is for the birds. I had a 225 in the trailer and a 325 in the truck trying to wsh houses and then go back to the plant to fill up again. Lucky to get 3 or 4 houses a day done. But, a lot of guys went under that couldn't adapt. Natural selection:)

It got rid of the hacks in my area. It was a pain, but I was able to keep my head above water. Was able to get more work bc, I was the only one in town that could use the reclaimed water