Sign in to follow this  
plainpainter

Things are looking up for the economy

Question

Only 11,000 jobs were cut in our country for the month of November, unemployment went back down from 10.2% down to 10.0%. Things are really starting to roar back into the positive direction - I have a lot of enthusiasm in the days ahead. I can't wait until the jobs saved figure on the recovery.gov website gets updated, it's last update was Oct. 30 with 640,329 jobs saved or created. Man if we can get the jobs saved to up over a million, unemployment back under 10% and a health care plan all done by President O'bama's next state of the union speech - man wouldn't that be awesome!

16 answers to this question

When the holidays are over and the road repairs are completed then what? Spend more of our money? You need to get some no fog solution for your glasses. Talk about drinking the koolaid only I think you got the whole pitcher.

What happens when you drink a bunch of koolaid? You get a sugar high. Wait until the sugar rush wears off. Talking about unemployment going down durring the holiday season is laughable. Everyone knows it is because of the temp workers hired for the retail sales season.

Who knew that Dan's threads on vehicle logos, percentage improvements, and high quality yard signage was actually his most intelligent material:D

Messin' with you Dan----stop trying to change the subject on the other stuff though!! Get back to the other thread---maybe if you actually start paying some taxes some of these other retarded views will change!:D

Dan, evidently you and I read different articles, because the jobs saved figure was proven to be absolute fraud, just like global warming and every other liberal brain fart out there.

Dan, evidently you and I read different articles, because the jobs saved figure was proven to be absolute fraud, just like global warming and every other liberal brain fart out there.

That was pretty funny, all those so called professional academics getting busted for suppressing opposing proof about global warming. I know, Al Gore put them up to it!

:wave:

It is absolutely horrible out there. The job market Blows. I just did work for a regular client (high end recruiter )and her Biz is off 60%. Next year no better ! State , town and City budgets are being whacked ( no revenue steam) with layoffs to follow ! America doesn't make anything anymore . Ct has lost it's manufacturing base and were loosing all sorts of other type of jobs. The out look for jobs in Ct is maybe it should start to recover by 2012 ?

Wall St and the other Exchanges do not reflect what is going is going on in BLUE COLLAR America any more.If they are doing well it's not reflected in our economy! Because American Corporations are Global and there profits are made outside of this country. It's sucks ! It all started with NIXON !!!

ok so is this some sort of alternate universe? Daniel tambasco is optimistic, and everyone else is gloom and doom? Huh. I must be dreaming.

lmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is absolutely horrible out there. The job market Blows. I just did work for a regular client (high end recruiter )and her Biz is off 60%. Next year no better ! State , town and City budgets are being whacked ( no revenue steam) with layoffs to follow ! America doesn't make anything anymore . Ct has lost it's manufacturing base and were loosing all sorts of other type of jobs. The out look for jobs in Ct is maybe it should start to recover by 2012 ?

Wall St and the other Exchanges do not reflect what is going is going on in BLUE COLLAR America any more.If they are doing well it's not reflected in our economy! Because American Corporations are Global and there profits are made outside of this country. It's sucks ! It all started with NIXON !!!

A very good synopsis by Sir Diamond James. This is what I keep saying to you Dan.....Wall Street numbers don't reflect our ECONOMY. They reflect the stockmarket. If you disagree, then please get Obama to take credit for crashing our market down to 6400. The fact is, it is private industry and they are actually smart. They've hedged global. Things will continue to be sluggish until we get another Stimulus Package. Like, one that actually stimulates. As in, TAX CUTS for businesses. Otherwise, we'll continue downward, and the only stimulation we'll get is that which comes from the French Tickler that Obama and his power-hungry cronies (both sides) are wearing as they ream us.

Jon - I know wall street doesn't reflect our real economy, I was talking about the unemployment figures - and some of the facts of jobs created/maintained due to the recovery act. Although I do find it amusing when I was saying how bad it was last year, and everyone told me I was negative - now it's the reverse. Why does everyone else now get to *****? I thought everyone told me it was my imagination? That said - I made quite a few milestones this year and beat my sales in every category over last year.

The Commercial Real Estate sector is next. 1.4 Trillion in loans due between 2010/2012. This whole sector is in the POOPER. In order to save money Facility Managers are advising people to use both sides of the Toilet Paper ? What a Bummer !

Dan things are not as bad as you always make them out to be but at the same time we have not seen the bottom yet. The stimulus package BS had the same effect as pouring a Pixi stick down your kids throat. You will come down off the sugar high. I do still think 2010 will be a better year though but not because of Obama. Heck the Debt is still climbing through the roof. I'm thinking I need to start taking Chineese lessons, the heck with spanish.