Sign in to follow this  
John T

"I have a dream" for a cutting edge new type org.

Question

This may be long but as Martin Luther King said so eloquently years ago "I have a dream" I have a dream to start an org. that is basically free for all contractors and distributors/Manufactures to become members. There may be a one charge of lets say $10/yr for them to use the logo that will be dated every year so they will have to apply for a new one every year. This will be the only real money this org will make at this time. There could be education tie ins down the road.....maybe.

Seeing that we can sign up 500-1000 members right off the bat this org will now blow past the PWNA and the ***** in just a few short months. This org will grow at an astronomical rate because of how cheap it will be to get this logo. We could even make this logo free(open to discussion).

Face it in my few short years in an organization leadership role with the PWNA as an Executive Treasurer and picked to be the ***** first "New" Executive Secretary and my other leadership backgrounds it has occurred to me that these type orgs are really charging way to much for us the contractors to be members and basically for your membership you get logo rental and maybe a Convention that may not have any value to you after you go to the first and second one. You as a member want the biggest and baddest Distributors in the land to come to you year in and year out and that can be done thru the NCE Expo.

I am going to call the "Creative One" Ron ********** and throw this idea out at him first because to be fair to all Ron and I have been discussing things like this for at least 10 years now. I will pitch this idea and I will also hand him over the first Executive board and bod members that would be interested in this.

Ladies and gentleman this is how you sweep the nation with a true blue org in this industry. It should no longer be to just make the ED a fat cat like the way Legacy was doing with the PWNA where there Monthly salary was $7500 along with incentives. The ***** We never did established what the ED was making there because he was writing his own checks and he most likely had that right since it wasn't a not for profit org.

This org will have no secrecy and it will be truly transparent and CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. and you will get RFP's and a show at the end of the year where a 1000 people attending at once again with no or little money out of there pocket except for a hotel room.

Yes I have a dream and it can be done.....and its relatively easy.

And even if you did not believe in orgs for a measly $10 a year you can still market your membership and everything counts in this day and age.

So besides saying John is an org junkie(Celeste's words--and she is right..isnt she always right:yes: this Nation wide org. can be the one.

So with the minimal info you have here what are your thoughts on this??

Be Crude if need be but just say what it is that you really feel about all of what I have said above.

20 answers to this question

I was teasing him Dan - John is not a broken record, just one who is passionate about this industry. With all of the recent battles, some want to see it all go away, some want to see some changes, some want new direction all together. For all of the huffing and puffing that has been going on......there are still some who have the desire and drive to do SOMETHING instead of sitting on the sidelines making judgment calls about the actions of others.

Personally, I think John is tired of following and wants to lead - has wanted to lead and is now ready to take actually take it on. I only said step away from the keyboard now because it's Christmas.

Have a merry one yourself Dan.

This may be long but as Martin Luther King said so eloquently years ago "I have a dream" I have a dream to start an org. that is basically free for all contractors and distributors/Manufactures to become members. There may be a one charge of lets say $10/yr for them to use the logo that will be dated every year so they will have to apply for a new one every year. This will be the only real money this org will make at this time. There could be education tie ins down the road.....maybe.

Seeing that we can sign up 500-1000 members right off the bat this org will now blow past the PWNA and the ***** in just a few short months. This org will grow at an astronomical rate because of how cheap it will be to get this logo. We could even make this logo free(open to discussion).

Face it in my few short years in an organization leadership role with the PWNA as an Executive Treasurer and picked to be the ***** first "New" Executive Secretary and my other leadership backgrounds it has occurred to me that these type orgs are really charging way to much for us the contractors to be members and basically for your membership you get logo rental and maybe a Convention that may not have any value to you after you go to the first and second one. You as a member want the biggest and baddest Distributors in the land to come to you year in and year out and that can be done thru the NCE Expo.

I am going to call the "Creative One" Ron ********** and throw this idea out at him first because to be fair to all Ron and I have been discussing things like this for at least 10 years now. I will pitch this idea and I will also hand him over the first Executive board and bod members that would be interested in this.

Ladies and gentleman this is how you sweep the nation with a true blue org in this industry. It should no longer be to just make the ED a fat cat like the way Legacy was doing with the PWNA where there Monthly salary was $7500 along with incentives. The ***** We never did established what the ED was making there because he was writing his own checks and he most likely had that right since it wasn't a not for profit org.

This org will have no secrecy and it will be truly transparent and CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. and you will get RFP's and a show at the end of the year where a 1000 people attending at once again with no or little money out of there pocket except for a hotel room.

Yes I have a dream and it can be done.....and its relatively easy.

And even if you did not believe in orgs for a measly $10 a year you can still market your membership and everything counts in this day and age.

So besides saying John is an org junkie(Celeste's words--and she is right..isnt she always right:yes: this Nation wide org. can be the one.

So with the minimal info you have here what are your thoughts on this??

Be Crude if need be but just say what it is that you really feel about all of what I have said above.

Great Idea John, run with it!

Happy Holidays

If two or three or more orgs could get together with the stance that cosmetic cleaning is EXEMPT from the EPA, there would be a good argument that orgs can be positive for the industry.

When you get up off the floor from laughing you can look at reality and realize what REAL industry representation can do if it doesn't have it's head up it's ...... rec***.

What about EPA exempt products? (School IPM)

By the way, this is just one of hundreds.

Yeah maybe he will get you a Room Matt.

Hows your state org going Matt? (NYPW)

Is that Alive?

If your interested we have a State chapter you can join in 2010

Merry New Year!!

Ron, don't you owe me for a steak dinner? I know you paid for a lot of dinners where we dined together, but I paid for one of yours didn't I?

You'll be hearing from my lawyer. :lgbonk:

Hey Tony go up to *** in private area and see what I have posted. I am curious to what u think about it........and somewhere Ron owes me a steak Dinner to...he may owe me a couple of them....where's my attorney??? Probably out having steak somewhere;)

Hey Tony go up to *** in private area and see what I have posted. I am curious to what u think about it........and somewhere Ron owes me a steak Dinner to...he may owe me a couple of them....where's my attorney??? Probably out having steak somewhere;)

John, I think your heart is in the right place.

*** does have a longstanding reputation. What you are talking about has potential, but even suggesting it right now while many still have a bad taste in their mouth regarding the ***** is just not the right timing.

Why not let the ***** flourish (with newfound honesty and new leadership) or implode (with the status quo) before looking into something else.

It won't take long to see where it's going. It didn't take long this year did it?

Yeah maybe he will get you a Room Matt.

Hows your state org going Matt? (NYPW)

Is that Alive?

If your interested we have a State chapter you can join in 2010

Merry New Year!!

No thanks Ron, dont have time for any orgs, better things to do than play with you guys. Thanks for the invite though.

Have a happy holiday.

No thanks Ron, dont have time for any orgs, better things to do than play with you guys. Thanks for the invite though.

Have a happy holiday.

Such a shame you dont want to unite, 2010 will be unite the industry not divide.

Your always Welcome Matt, we have a special Place in our heart for ya.

Maybe one day you will understand we all need to join and move forward on the issues but can remain separate.

I suspect you never played Ball, or maybe you where the guy who took his ball and ran off.

Its never too late, doors always open to anyone who wants this industry to grow and make money.

Good idea John, you have always been a positive person. Not sure something like that can work with such low funds, but it can be tweaked to make it work.

I have no interest in an Org because of past experiences, but there is a place for them. I would be open to joining one, should the right one come along.

Good idea John, you have always been a positive person. Not sure something like that can work with such low funds, but it can be tweaked to make it work.

I have no interest in an Org because of past experiences, but there is a place for them. I would be open to joining one, should the right one come along.

Merry Christmas Alan, we have known each other a long while. Seems like it was just a short time ago, hope your familys well.

John,

I have known you for a real long time now. Your busting my ball'* here. What are you thinking. How many times do I have to give you sound advise here?

I'm telling you put your efforts into your own business. Its to exhausting, expensive, and stressful, to try to change this industry and you know this first hand. Your efforts are understandable and motive is to help, but be prepared my friend.

If you want to spend monies invest in me and I will help you grow!

John,

I have known you for a real long time now. Your busting my ball'* here. What are you thinking. How many times do I have to give you sound advise here?

I'm telling you put your efforts into your own business. Its to exhausting, expensive, and stressful, to try to change this industry and you know this first hand. Your efforts are understandable and motive is to help, but be prepared my friend.

If you want to spend monies invest in me and I will help you grow!

Best Advice I have heard all Year Tony