Sign in to follow this  
blake jernigan

Delavan Pumps

How long do the batteries last that run these? how often do you recharge them?

I couldn't tell you! LOL...Actually I have mine set up to where it is always being re-charged whenever my truck is running. I have it wired through my trailer and then to a seperate plug which runs under my truck and to the truck battery. I've heard some guys say that they can do three or four Roof Cleaning jobs before theirs dies out and others less. I think it would all depend on the size of the Roof you are Cleaning and how long it takes you. Lots of different senarios.

I have my Fatboy set up with dual 750cca deep cycle marine batteries, I can clean 5 roofs easily w/o recharging and still have some power left but not enough time in the day.

The suck the current though so I recomend 2 batteries

A good rule of thumb if you don't have it wired to automatically charge is to charge everyday after using it. Last thing you need is to cut it close and run out of charge in the middle of a job. That would blow.

If the battery is on your PW trailer and you just to happen to have another battery on that machine, just run the two in a series and you won't have to worry about charging it every. If she gets low just fire up the machine and bypass the water long enough to charge up the batteries. this may not be the best avice however it works and its something we do with our's

I run demand pumps. On my trailer setup I had a 5800 wired into the battery on the skid. That way it was usually recharged everyday that it was used. On my flatbed I run the Fatboy, and have it wired into the 2 truck batteries. Its charging on the way to the job and charging on the way home.