Sign in to follow this  
All Surface

Special Delivery!

Question

My wife stopped by our mail center the other day to grab the mail and found this little guy sunning himself just outside the building. There used to be 2 of them. Not sure whatever happened to the other one. This one has been hanging around for about 3yrs now. I remember when this one was small enough to hold in your hand. Our little guy is getting sooo big. LOL.post-3757-13777230213_thumb.jpg

post-3757-137772302137_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

That's FL for you. I do work in a lot of golf course communities and come across Gators all the time sunning themselves in back yards next to the swamps, lakes, and retection ponds. Many people will feed them so when you walk near the the shore line sometimes they will start swimming towards you thinking you're there to give them a hand out.

Larry. A couple of months ago, my girls and I were walking around the lake just outside our neighborhood and saw a 4-5 foot gator. People have always said there are no gators in this lake and people come to fish in it all the time. Last week, the city put up a few "no swimming" signs around the lake. Funny how these guys just show up and make themselves at home!

That's FL for you. I do work in a lot of golf course communities and come across Gators all the time sunning themselves in back yards next to the swamps, lakes, and retection ponds. Many people will feed them so when you walk near the the shore line sometimes they will start swimming towards you thinking you're there to give them a hand out.

We have a few like that here too. East Lake Woodlands and The Bayou Club Golfing area is always a great place to find them. I hate having to watch over my shoulder when I'm Pressure Washing a House.

Larry. A couple of months ago, my girls and I were walking around the lake just outside our neighborhood and saw a 4-5 foot gator. People have always said there are no gators in this lake and people come to fish in it all the time. Last week, the city put up a few "no swimming" signs around the lake. Funny how these guys just show up and make themselves at home!

Hahaha! You wont find me swimming in ANY lakes around here. NO WAY! I used to live near a lake that was in Taylor Park in Largo. There were many people who suddenly couldn't find there dogs and cats. Lots of "Have You Seen This Dog" Signs around all the time.

Hahaha! You wont find me swimming in ANY lakes around here. NO WAY! I used to live near a lake that was in Taylor Park in Largo. There were many people who suddenly couldn't find there dogs and cats. Lots of "Have You Seen This Dog" Signs around all the time.

Ever think about taping a picture of an alligator to the sign?

Is there a hunitng season for alligators?

A local resturnat has alligator on the menu, not bad. It does not taste like chicken.

Its almost like they've owned florida for the last couple million years. I THink those gators know how we feel when the D..nYankees come down.