Sign in to follow this  
netspider

Need a little help please

So the weather is getting back to normal in North Texas and I pulled the rig out of its inside storage location for the last 3 months to get back in the game. I had emptied everything prior to storage...blew out all the hoses and lines with air ect. I did not put Anti Freeze in as it was indoors, it does get cold in the storage but not that cold. Hooked up a new battery today and it cranked right up, turned the lever to engage the water from the float tank and pulled the trigger and got no response. Shut it down, checked the screen inside the tank and it was clean. Relocated the water source to the pump and started up again, same result. It was not giving that water engaged sound when i fliped the valve open it normaley does as the system engages. I Shut it down, checked all the lines for blocks and looked at the unloader and everything looks clean, water flows....but does not flush all the way through with the motor on or off. With the motor off I engaged the water and took off all the lines one at a time and they seem to run clean. I did not get into the hot box to check the coil yet... Before I start to dismantle aI thought I should ask first. As a reminder it is a 2005 Alkota 5305 hot/cold skid with an AR belt drive pump. It ran great before storage. I thank you in advance for your time.

Any help or direction would be great.

Dan

there's two ways to troubleshoot..

look for what you have,

or look for what you don't have..

Prove the water comes out of the pump, or not,

by disconnecting the connect hose before the heater.

Call me for more.

Dis connect the hose on the low pressure side of the pump if water is flowing reconect and try the other side of the Low. Keep following the water flow. untill you find the block.

...exactly...

Prove flow from the source

..and double-check as you go !

you never want to back-track when you're troubleshooting..

make sure the flow you see it the "right" flow.

Hmm..

another idea..

does that Alkota have a K-7 unloader ??

they are "flow-actuated" and a little less that normal flow can give the "suddenly no water" effect.

send me images for an end to the down-time.

So after a week or so of following the water abd tripple checking, the problem is 100% a clog is in the coil...if I bypass the coil (hot Box) run...the machine is flawless. I have tried to flush with it with water and air but have had no luck. I have not turned on the burner and do not plan to unless directed to. is there a diagram or pdf of how to take the hot box apart or get to the coil? Mine is bolted down to the skid frame on either side and attached to the burner and I am not sure if that should be the next step.

post-5588-137772309563_thumb.jpg

post-5588-137772309557_thumb.jpg