Sign in to follow this  
gbran

Tire Marks

Question

I have a customer with a 400ft concrete driveway. The edges and borders are stamped concrete with the pigment/glaze finish, the rest is natural concrete finished. The client uses a farm tractor to clear snow from the driveway, and the big cleated tires always leave some pretty good black marks where the tractor makes turns. As for the squares of natural concrete I haven't had many problems removing those with just hot water. The stamped edges are what give me a fit! I've never been able to get rid of those completely with out harming the glazed finish.

Its almost time to do this job again, so can anyone suggest a product to remove tire marks without harming the stamped finish?

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

I have a customer with a 400ft concrete driveway. The edges and borders are stamped concrete with the pigment/glaze finish, the rest is natural concrete finished. The client uses a farm tractor to clear snow from the driveway, and the big cleated tires always leave some pretty good black marks where the tractor makes turns. As for the squares of natural concrete I haven't had many problems removing those with just hot water. The stamped edges are what give me a fit! I've never been able to get rid of those completely with out harming the glazed finish.

Its almost time to do this job again, so can anyone suggest a product to remove tire marks without harming the stamped finish?

Thanks.

Please go to your "my profile" and complete your signature line. It's the house rules.

Welcome to TGS.