Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Poor Russ at Southside Equipment.

I never call the poor guy to "just say Hi".

I only talk to him when something breaks and sends me into a tailspin.

This guy really knows how to read in between the lines when I call because of my panic attacks.

Long story short, the guy saved me around $700 bucks earlier this week for a fix of around $ 5.50.

Check your site glasses on your pumps, folks.

Not for fluid levels only. They can become loose or worn due to regular use causing leakage on your customers driveway. Yuk!!!! or anything related to an oily messy spooge pile.

" But Russ, I'm telling you there is NO SITE GLASS ON MY PUMP"

Well, of course I'm wrong. There is a siteglass on my pump ( even if it is covered in oily spooge to make it look just like a brass pump plug ). But it's there for sure.

Why Simpson pw, and General Pump opted to put it out of view on their design is beyond me, but there sure is one.

.... and that is exactly what Russ told me. And they do become loose or "unthreaded" after season upon season.

Lesson learned......... I have the only answer you need for PW mechanical info.

Go ahead ask me ANYTHING.

My answer will be, call that poor guy named Russ at Southside in KY.

Thank you my man. You are one in a million.

I think I'll start a 1-900 fix my pressure washer phone line. $4.99 a minute.

Hey, as long as I help someone troubleshoot a problem, and they buy parts from me, I never mind taking calls at all. The ones that tick me off are the guys who call my toll free line (I pay per minute on), I help them figure out what's wrong, then go buy the parts somewhere else because they were $5.00 cheaper, but no technical backup. It happens...rarely...but it happens.

Kinda like if I asked you how you would go about cleaning my house, then I hire a booger pickin' kid from the neighborhood and have him wash it as you would...

However, on the other hand, Adrian, I'd never expect someone to wait to get common hardware from me, when the local Ace Hardware has all you need, or if it's something I just can't get (Hotsy parts for example).

Edited by Russ Johnson

And that is exactly who had it Russ. First time in my life I have ever walked into an ACE Hardware.

PVC plug worked fine. So far anyways. You are the man. but I still need the other parts we spoke of when you get them in.

Right on Russ. You da man!!!!! Your advice to me barely interrupted the flow of service due to down time.

Heck, it was after 1 o'clock anyways so I was already closed. lol.

I agree, Russ has some great knowledge and is always willing to help.

The Panel Brite I get from him is really great soap! It would be hard to wash a certain kind of truck without that great soap!

Thanks Russ!

I'm always say'in "respect the tech"...

All you guys that saved $100. or more on Russ' time..

send him a thank-you note with some cash in it ..

his time is valuable, and he is reeally good at what he does !

Respect the Tech.. pay some respect..

he shouldn't have to ask you to call a hotline. Eh?

Well I've only spoken to Russ once and he was everything I was told he would be. He patiently answered all my silly newbie questions and not once seemed disinterested or bored. I ordered a Panel Brite kit from him and am excited about trying it out. I've only used Omega's Magnum-K (very expensive) and am crossing my fingers that the Panel Brite will be as good as everyone says it is.

Thanks Russ!