Sign in to follow this  
Phil Rogers

Is this a newbie thing? Dress attire for pressure washing

Question

Every time I get back from a job, I am soaked, usually from head to toe, and full of dirt. Usually I do make a mistake of getting too close to the bottom of whatever I am cleaning and then get a mud bath, but I was just wondering if the pros still come back looking like this? I feel like I should be wearing a rain coat and rain boots whenever I step on to a job!

10 answers to this question

Mud splatters below the knee (left knee if you're right handed) are a badge of honor - at least it is for me. One benefit, homeowners dogs just love me! A whole bunch of their favorite smells...all in one convenient place!

I used to come home soaking wet as well but after you get some hours logged you will figure out what will keep you dry. Everytime I hire someone new now I don't share those secrets just to see them drenched in the mornings when they return a rig to the house.

They make a thing that gores at the end of your wand that looks like a rubber dixie cup ,, It is a splash Guard and they really work..Nozzle Splash ShieldA clear plastic shield that mounts on your lance to prevent splash back when spraying. Especially useful when using a Dirt Killer nozzle.

nozzle10.gif

Item Description Part No. Price Dirt Killer Splash Back Shield 9741052 $32.99 Buy

Atlantic Pressure Washers - Accessories

After you put some time in you will figure out your best angles to not get drenched. Even then I still wear boots and rain bibs. A quick rinse when done and its all good.... ready for the next job. Keep a pair of shoes in the van if I have an estimate middday and I take the rain gear off and I look somewhat presentable.