Sign in to follow this  
bostonmp795

Just starting out. What do you think? constructive criticism welcomed!!!!

Question

Hello everyone,

I believe we have everything we need to get going, but I want to make sure I leave no rock unturned.

I got out of the Army at the beginning of 09 and I worked for a painting company that did all of there own PW. I realized there was a market for it. I was using a home depot pos and doing about 6 houses a week. I was planning on buying one of those exact pos for my own and hitting the pavement running. Then I stumbled upon the these types of forums. Thank god!!! I have been ingesting as much as I could for the last 9 months. Our company name is Bay State Power Washing LLC. We are located around the north shore of Boston and southern NH area. We have 140 residential houses lined up for this season so far. We bought this rig for $2500 I think it was a steal but that’s why I’m posting this thread, to see if it actually was. 13hp Honda, 3500psi, 4gpm, telescopic wand, gun w/50ft of pressure hose (think ill need longer?), trailer, 100gal water tank w/hudson, ds injector. So for $2500 do you think it was a steal? We got the LLC, insurance, obv. flyers and business cards (what do you think) carbon copy estimates and contracts, simple cherry, f-13, and a j-rod 4 way nozzle holder from pressure tek, three 5gal buckets, 16ft ladder, 2 100ft heavy duty garden hoses, soo............ anything else you think we will need?

post-5710-137772313966_thumb.jpg

post-5710-137772313978_thumb.jpg

post-5710-137772313986_thumb.jpg

13 answers to this question

Good so far you'll find out real quick you'll want 8-10gpm for speed, probably won't need an extension wand but you'll need a few 100 feet more pressure hose.

I'm very impressed with the 140 jobs booked for a new co and before the season has started, how did you guys manage that?

Edited by John Doherty
Added some stuff

Good so far you'll find out real quick you'll want 8-10gpm for speed, probably won't need an extension wand but you'll need a few 100 feet more pressure hose.

I'm very impressed with the 140 jobs booked for a new co and before the season has started, how did you guys manage that?

I actually got a call from a great guy last night (Bobby Weir) we talked for a few hours and he pointed me in the right direction on a lot of things. Thanks Bobby!!!! He suggested I get 2 100ft pressure hoses w/modified ds injector. We are on the phone with pressure-tek now!! We have our first job on Tues so hopefully we get them in time.

As far as the amount of jobs, they just fell in our laps. That same painting company is subcontracting all of the their pre-paint pw's to us. They already have 140 painting jobs set up and all of them need to be washed. The great thing about it is the advertisement aspect. The painting co. sold about 1.1 mil in jobs last year. so its a pretty well know name. We will be making signs that attach to theirs and leaving in ho yard for about two weeks until the painting is done. I think its a great way to get our name out there!

Russ Spence

honestly you could have almost bought it all new for that

Is that everything assembled? If so let me know where and Ill buy another one today!

yes you can, as a matter of fact with a lot better and safer trailer

There are several places in Georgia that will be glad to get you a good trailer and assemble it for you, it takes about 30 minuites.

Here is what one looks like that comes from Macon Georgia.

9coldtr2.jpg

yes you can, as a matter of fact with a lot better and safer trailer

There are several places in Georgia that will be glad to get you a good trailer and assemble it for you, it takes about 30 minuites.

Here is what one looks like that comes from Macon Georgia.

9coldtr2.jpg

[/quote

Thanks Russ for the info! Wish I had known that 3 weeks ago. Not sure if you know, but do they ship to Mass? Company name?

Wow Nate you guys were very fortunate to get in line with that painting company..sounds like you have the makings of a great season:cheers: As Im just starting out this is a great encouragement to me in my biz-way to go!.

Edited by aquastar

I think I've got 2 of their trailers. Made out of square tube instead of all angle iron. Real nice trailers!!!

Guy I am not saying you have their trailers because anyone can build anything but you are right they are square tube trailers and the Hot water ones have a higher working height becaues they flip the springs on top of the axles and drop the fnder well mounts. Nice design!

Wow Nate you guys were very fortunate to get in line with that painting company..sounds like you have the makings of a great season:cheers: As Im just starting out this is a great encouragement to me in my biz-way to go!.

PLease go to your settings and complete your signature. House rules.

Welcome to TGS.