Sign in to follow this  
Little Buddy

What's Your Favorite Color of Ready Seal on PTP?

What is your most popular color on PTP  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What is your most popular color on PTP

• Dark Red
    • Natural Cedar
    • Dark Brown
    • Medium Brown
    • Light Brown
    • Mediuem Red
    • Gold
    • Clear

Question

11 answers to this question

Medium red has been our most popular color for the past 8 years running. Not only on PT, but ipe' and mahogany. For western red cedar in good shape, my favorite is Ready Seal Light Brown.

This is a red mahogany deck we finished this afternoon, a 2 yr. maintenance job. The stain is Ready Seal medium red.

post-170-137772315033_thumb.jpg

... Also, rick what is your answer to make the stripper stick to the railings?

Joe,

Adding a few ounces per gallon of surfactant, such as Tergitol NP-9 or knockoffs, thickens the NaOH mix a bit and helps it cling and stay moist longer.

Rick, I was reading some older post about the acrylic competition and was wondering what do you use currently for nasty paint and acrylic jobs? After doing a couple decks i jumped back on here and learned about boosting the stripper and now using a surfactant to make that crap stick and do its thing. Its amazing how much you can learn from the forms in a year but it still amazing to see how much i still don't know lol.

Thanks, JL

Rick, I was reading some older post about the acrylic competition and was wondering what do you use currently for nasty paint and acrylic jobs? ...

Joe,

For the past several years, we have generally stayed away from trying to strip solid acrylic/latex jobs. The only exception is very high quality woods, such as mahogany. Then its Eaco Chem's Stripper Cream or Back to Nature's BFSII strippers, very costly and time consuming to apply.

Thanks, so i take it the boosted hd-80 (or any other stripper) doesn't work all that well if you just jump to the stripper cream right away. Lets say the homeowners just wanted to change the color, how would you go about preping the surface to apply a solid acrylic?

THanks, JL

Medium red has been our most popular color for the past 8 years running. Not only on PT, but ipe' and mahogany. For western red cedar in good shape, my favorite is Ready Seal Light Brown.

This is a red mahogany deck we finished this afternoon, a 2 yr. maintenance job. The stain is Ready Seal medium red.

did you stain underneath this deck as well?

did you stain underneath this deck as well?

No, not the underside of the deck boards, we never do that. The two main support joists are clad in red mahogany and those were stained. Also, all the vertical support posts were oiled.

Concerning Ready Seal. We pick up a deck job this week and the owner pick Ready Seal dark red for the stain and seal. I place a order with Sun Brite Supply in Hotlanta on Wed expect it to arrive either Friday or early next week. It arrived Thursday before noon WOW was I delighted. We able to get a early start and will be finished about a week earlier than we had promise the customer. Thanks Sun Brite for making us look good.