Sign in to follow this  
Little Buddy

Sprayer Cart

Question

Hey guys,

I'm going to be building a pump cart (aka a deckster) soon and was wondering what kind of pump i should get or what you use. Going to be using it for chem application exclusively. I was looking at the pumptec setup but was wondering what kind of gpm and psi works the best.

Thanks, JL

post-5574-137772315238_thumb.jpg

post-5574-13777231524_thumb.jpg

34 answers to this question

I used the 2 GPM delavan and a spot sprayer. I put it on a hand truck but I am going to change it to just a bucket because you can't move the bucket of stain anyhow with the hand truck.post-5133-137772319908_thumb.jpg

I don't do roofs or wood decks. I use mine for laying down my sercret sauce caustic recipe on my larger flatworm projects.. 25 gallon tanks covers about 25,000 square feet.

That is what I do.... Stripper then brightener then water..... Stain then degreaser then water and on to the next one. Talk abotu speeding things up. Bought all my parts from a local farm store. Applied 28 gallons of stain on a fence and deck in 3.5 hours including masking the house.

Haha ..I seen that pic and first thought was that is way more than $300 worth of spray equip but then remembered seeing the tank and pump part at TSC store last month out in the sticks. Great little setup to put on a cart or mount on truck for either wood or crete. Only reason I don't take advantage of such is that I have the whole DSing method diealed in with proper tipping, concentrations, method (i.e- many don't know how to deal with possible overspray issues while DSing and fear it).

Here's what I built, less than $300

12voltchemicalsetup001.jpg

12voltchemicalsetup002.jpg

Impressive looking sprayer set up. My question is where in the heck did you get that monster wagon? Also, could a guy use quick connects somehow right by the pump to have a seperate hose to draw from a stain can instead of having to put stain in the 15 gal container? Thanks.

Little Buddy, I suggest going with a fatter garden hose diameter hoses such as talked about by the roof cleaner folk. Think one name is like Mean Green hose or the like and they chem resistant. Think I got my last suitable hose at costco or an rv supply place. Although the pump may not handle for long the strong chlorine mixes used in that specialty roof cleaning field you'll still see benefits at the end of the hose for general use. Key is that you still stick with suitable tipping for the pump being used. Note that it looks like Jim is using a standard pressure wand and gun with the interchangeable tips. That's what I do anyways with my various pump setups. :)

ps - for carts like that check Harbor Freight or OSH... also if any of you do decide to stick with small diameter hose you could just use the orange air hosing they have at Harbor Freight which is already threaded. Way better than using any sort of clamps.

Edited by MMI Enterprises

im going to go get this stuff and build it this weekend, i got around $400 for everything. When i get time, i will have to powder coat it royal blue!

Edited by Little Buddy

That is what I do.... Stripper then brightener then water..... Stain then degreaser then water and on to the next one. Talk abotu speeding things up. Bought all my parts from a local farm store. Applied 28 gallons of stain on a fence and deck in 3.5 hours including masking the house.

Yea but are you using same pump as sold on this TSC/COUNTYLINE UNIT??

Little Buddy, If you got $400 to spend and already have some of the stuff such as wanding or battery you can do better than the TSC setup. I suggest getting the bigger Delavan pump like a 3.6 gpm and build off of it's potential.

ps- nevermind tnroof.. I see you said yer using a 2gpm delevan

Edited by MMI Enterprises
He already said what he used

$400 is how much that setup is going to cost including battery, battery box, and additional hose. I will get a better pump when that stock one poops out on me...The only thing that will be going through that pump is the F-series from pressure tek and soon to be the timberpro series. I will be using a truck brush for staining as i think spraying wasted too much product. I am getting my logo updated and a mailer designed so i will be doing a 1000-2500 mailer pretty quick, so i need something that doesn't require carrying and pumping constantly. Overall, i have done a couple decks now with RS medium brown and really like the product. Seems to have an intense odor to it, but looks great after it settles for a week.

I love the fact that most of the homeowners that have contacted me really have no idea on how to properly restore their deck and think you just blast the heck out of it with a contractor grade pressure washer. I can just feel their eye brows lift when i start educating them lol. Man, two years ago i had no idea this was actually an industry but thank god i found this form.

Thanks so much for the info, if feels great to produce a professional product and be of service to those who are in much need of it.

Random rambling tangent, JL

Hi I was wondering if you ever built your spray unit.

Ken please go to your "settings" and complete your signature line. House rules #1

You been here since 2007 and have only posted once.

Cmon man, you need to get here more often, alot of cool stuff happening here.

Here's what I built, less than $300

12voltchemicalsetup001.jpg

12voltchemicalsetup002.jpg

Jim, is this a roof/ wood combo unit?

or just roof?

or just wood? ( how do you regulate 3.6 gpm for the wood...... at the wand?)

The thing I would add to it is an iced tea cup holder and an ashtry.

It looks great though.

Very nice work.

Edited by Adrian
adding content....again