Sign in to follow this  
Little Buddy

The rain

Question

16 answers to this question

Joe, you can do wood restoration in the rain without problems. It is actually a good way to ensure you don't ruin any vegetation or leave any residues on windows or aluminum trim work. It will dilute your chems a bit, and I wouldn't recommend it in a downpour. It just kinda sux working in the rain.....

Get a good rainsuit and go to work. A light rain won't hurt you in most situations. I almost prefer to wash on overcast days when there is some on and off drizzle. Plant are already wet and I can soap up more of a house without having to worry about it drying before I can rinse.

I almost prefer to wash on overcast days when there is some on and off drizzle.
I have to agree with Doug on that.

Rain is great for keeping your chems and everything wet. But I find I need it dry to strip decks.

Anyone have any luck stripping the second time when the deck is still wet?

house washing is ok if not too cold, like December in New England. I don't have a lot of experience with stripping but I think you need to even out the chems and the rain may hurt you.

I just thinking about when the weather calls for spotty showers. Do you decide to head out of the shop, or call it a day. I would still head out for house wash, maybe for a deck that doesn't require a strong strip determined from a test spot on the estimate visit.

I'll do resi or wood in the rain any day of the week. I love it. It's alot easier on the bones than 95 degrees and no clouds.

Doesn't really affect the wash or strip mix. Unless of course it is raining sideways and you are playing the "lightning rod" game.

It's good to go.

Plus, think of all the rescheduling needed for a few drops or light shower cancellation.

Right on, I mean, we work with water anyways, so what's a little rain?

........... unless of course you are staining that day...... ugh!!!!!

Edited by Adrian

What do you mean "the second time"???
I mean a second time. DWELL, DWELL, DWELL, Add boost........... sometimes once just doesn't cut it for me.

Can you get them fully stripped in one day?

Edited by calltodd