Sign in to follow this  
jfillipovich

Rain and A.C.

Hello everyone just started staining my pt deck which is approx. 2000 sq ft with 250 ft of railing and spindles. I chose Armstrong Clark stain after lots of research and advise, and wow what a wonderful product!!! My question is I stained half of the deck and about 12 hours later it started to rain on it. One hour after I finished it looked like it was dry with no visible signs of the stain still being wet or damp. Will the rain twelve hours later adversly affect the deck or will it be ok? Thank you in advanced for any input!!! Have a great day!

You should be fine regarding the rain, we have had rain come down an hour after the stain was sprayed with no problems. You may notice some difference where you stopped staining and start up again, but also doubtful.

We have had a few that the rain washed out the color on. If the oils are still wet and on the surface it the rain will cause issues - if they've absorbed in your probably good to go.

We have had a few that the rain washed out the color on. If the oils are still wet and on the surface it the rain will cause issues - if they've absorbed in your probably good to go.

I would imagine the dryness of the wood would be the key then. I had one where a cloud burst dropped down in the middle of staining a dry deck - stopped and came back the next day to finish and couldn't tell where I was interupted. Also noticed only having a problem with any lapping on really dry/old wood.

Make sure the undone section dries good and well before staining. If not you may get some evaporative pressure come up that'll separate the pigment to the side of small quarter sized area here or there. Seen one spot as such on a deck that had one day dry... two days is better. Not much of an issue really other than having to come back to touch up.