Sign in to follow this  
CLASSICPW

Drivit/Dryvit

Question

Whatever it's called, I've got as housewash to do that has mold on the drivit.

I'm guessing it shouldn't be that brittle, but you never know. Does anyone have experience with this?

9 answers to this question

Classic,

I've cleaned plenty of it. Hotels, residences & businesses. Let the chems do the work, & use less pressure on the rinsing. If the caulking has failed or is deteriorated in the control joints or around the seams & windows, be careful as you may get blamed for causing mold growth underneath the dryvit. It would be hard to prove, as rainwater would enter as well. I usually make the owner aware of the caulking deficiencies for their own future maintenance budgets.

Here is a picture of a simple cleaning sample. The picture was taken before it was rinsed. You can see that the cleaner did the work, and I could have rinsed it with a garden hose. I used a bleach/laundry detergent solution.

post-11-137772138566_thumb.jpg

You could definitely x-jet the application of the cleaner, however, you may have to rinse from a ladder, depending on whether or not it the cleaner does it all on it's own. Dwell time will help.

You really should not be rinsing anything down while you are on a ladder. This is a accident waiting to happen.

All my rinsing is done by the x-jet and if I need a longer reach I will pull out the extension wand. If you are having problems rinsing with the x-jet you may have to change your chem ratio or go to a better chem than what you are allready using.

Does it really matter how people rinsed in the old days? Not really. As time goes by there are better and more improved ways of doing things. Its called progress to make our job easier and safer so we can go home at the end of the day.

If you want to keep rinsing while being on a ladder, then go for it.:irritated

I was just stating an observation of your post and would hate to hear that you got hurt doing something that could have been prevented.