Sign in to follow this  
al9226

Wheel kit for General Pump Surface Cleaner

Question

I have a General Pump Surface cleaner. Does anyone know if there is a wheel kit available for it and if so does it make it better? I use it for residential drives sidewalks etc.

17 answers to this question

If it is a hammerhead, I dont think there is a wheel kit. You could do your own kit, just make sure that the wheels are in the locations that you need them, to be out of the way.

I was wondering the same thing. THought about making my own, scared about drilling into the plastic worried it might crack. Thinking about rubber bushing on both sides od the bolt. Just thinking

I did mine on a Whirl Away many years ago. The ones that come from the factory were junk, rusted apart after a year or two. Finding the right wheels was a bit of a pain, something that will not rust, but it's been fine since that.

Hey guys,I have a General Hammerhead surface cleaner.I got my wheel kit from Watercannon.com,I think it was $29.00 bucks

Thanks for the link. How do you like the wheels. Does it work better? What is involved in the installation?

Thanks for the link. How do you like the wheels. Does it work better? What is involved in the installation?

Install is easy,comes with all you need in the kit.It made the surface cleaner easyer to use an move around.

Install is easy,comes with all you need in the kit.It made the surface cleaner easyer to use an move around.

Thanks Tony - I think I'll order a set.

I have been looking at this surface cleaner, how many GPM are most of you running on it? my machine is 4gpm, how do you think it will do?

Thanks

I have been looking at this surface cleaner, how many GPM are most of you running on it? my machine is 4gpm, how do you think it will do?

Thanks

I run 4 gpm 4000 psi with no problem.

Edited by al9226

Your welcome Al,I am running 4000psi/4gpm machine also but i did a bucket test on it and it did 4.9gpm,more is better.Its a belt drive Pressurepro machine.My nozzles in my surface cleaner are 25020's

I run 16' eagle washes with 8gpm. Wheel/casters on a surface cleaner will make you lose your mind. They drop over the egde of sidewalks, drag in the cracks, can't tilt it to clean along a wall, make them way to heavy to carry up and down stairs in breezeways, can't run them along steps. I have had two 36' steel eagles sitting in the shop for years now because I thought they would be money makers. Guess it depends on what you use your surface cleaner for.