Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Let's see who can identify these claw marks....

Question

13 answers to this question

They can be found in Maryland, yes.

Not in my neighborhood, but in Maryland in the country, then can.

The home owner took down a bird feeder the bear had been raiding. Pissed off the bear. Bear attacked the house.

Bad bear!

Beth

No bears out in mt city. Once in a while a dear will run around but no bears. Lots of gun fire but I'd rather the drug dealers shhying at each other than a bear attacking my home.

Black bear have made a huge comeback here in the State of NJ. We even have a bear hunting season, though short and restrictive. It has been estimated that our bear population is between 2000 - 3000 individuals.

Rick, this might sound like a stupid question but I assure you it's not. When people hunt bears do they do it to eat it? Do people eat bear meat?

Rick, this might sound like a stupid question but I assure you it's not. When people hunt bears do they do it to eat it? Do people eat bear meat?

Rick2,

I have a brother in law that lives in Juneau, Alaska. He told me years ago that "fall" bear are actually edible, though not real tasty. They need to fatten up over the summer, as hibernation uses up fat. I personally have never had the opportunity to chew on bear meat.

He also said that whale blubber is one of the foulest things he has ever tried to eat. Only some indigenous Alaskans can actually chew and swallow the stuff.