Sign in to follow this  
Chappy

taxes

I just bought peechtree accounting 2005 so I could write my own checks instead of using a leasing company. trouble is, they charge an extra $179 for the tax tables. Is this normal?? Does quicken charge for these also? Anyone know where they can be gotten so I can manually load them into the program?

Yep, QUicken charges for the tax tables, as well. It is really a subscription service. It is a set cost every year, but you will get updates of the tables, etc. two or three times a year. Quicken does not let you manually load the tables, as you are talking about. I do not know abou peach tree. Personally, I think that they both have a racket going, but it is one we have to live with...

Scott

You're going to pay no matter how you go about it. Peachtree charges, from what you're telling me......................Quickbooks charges based on the literature I receive from them.

Alternatively, I use Paychex to do my payroll............which I believe is even more money. I prefer to pay them a little more and get it done quickly, and correctly.

Good luck.

How many employees are you dealing with? I have 4, and I find it pretty easy to do my calculations in Excel, then add manually under payroll in Quick Books Pro. Not worth spending money on QB tax tables. Outside payroll people a little expensive, plus I have a complicated payroll (much of pay is incentive based).

Isn't this $179.00 charge for updating the actual tax tables in the program? Seems like you could go to your respective state's website and get the new tables and the Fed site for that one and make your own adjustments. They still make the booklets as well......We use QB Pro as well but yippee - no need for payroll taxes yet.

Just a thought ?