Sign in to follow this  
samanddallas

Best pump for 13hp portable pressure washer

Question

7 answers to this question

I've been shopping for the best 13hp pressure washer I can get under $1000. I want a 13hp Honda motor and need 4000psi with 3-4gpm ...any and all recommendations accepted ...

thx

sam

First recommendation would be to go to your profile and complete your signature line.

House rule #1.

I doubt that you will find any Honda 13hp w/4gpm anywhere brand new for 1k.

You will have to find one used for your budget target or "up" your spending to more than 1k.

Try Craigslist, or search "the bargain Basement" ( on this BBS ) there are 1000's of units for sale 2nd hand with your budget.

Welcome to TGS.

I just picked up a Honda 13 hp with Cat 6DX pump (same as cat 66dx; the 66dx only has a different housing) off of craigslist for $100. The pump needs a packing kit, but is otherwise in great shape.

I picked up a "4000 psi 4 gpm" unit up from myrtle beach with 50 ft hose decent gun and downstreamer for 225. Honda 13 hp with Comet ZWD pump.

Moral of the story: second hand can get you a better machine for the money than you're gonna get new for 1000 bucks.

First recommendation would be to go to your profile and complete your signature line.

House rule #1.

I doubt that you will find any Honda 13hp w/4gpm anywhere brand new for 1k.

You will have to find one used for your budget target or "up" your spending to more than 1k.

Try Craigslist, or search "the bargain Basement" ( on this BBS ) there are 1000's of units for sale 2nd hand with your budget.

Welcome to TGS.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad I found this forum! I've already learned a ton.

Today I found this on Craigslist...if you don't mind checking it out and letting me know what you think...

Honda Pressure Washer 4000PSI

Thanks

I have never heard about honda pressure washer. If its good i am planning to buy it too. Give me some more information on it. Thanks in advance

You have not heard of a Honda PW because Honda does not make a pw. Honda supplies the engine only.

The engines will run for a very long time in serviced correctly. My oldest is about 17 years and still runs fine. When looking for a used (or new) washer pay close attention to the pump, that's the weak link in the system. I don't think many weekend warriors give a second thought about overheating the pumps, not changing the pump oil, or not using the correct oil in the pump (there is a difference in oils). Hope that helps.