Sign in to follow this  
Indycoltfan

Armstrong Clark - Wet on Wet or 1 Heavy Coat

I have been doing 2 - 3 deck restorations for friends and neighbors over that last couple of summers and will likely turn this into a business in 2011. I have primarily been an advocate of TWP 100 series as I have always used it on my deck and that of my neighbors. I just recently stripped (F-18) neutralized (F-8) and did some spot sanding on a neighbors deck. I talked him into purchasing some Armstrong Clark as I wanted to gain some experience applying it as TWP 100 series will not be available in my area next year. He went with the cedar semi. This will be my first time using Armstrong and wondered if a wet on wet approach is recommended or 1 heavy coat. I have always used a wet on wet aproach with TWP. A 6 inch brush or a 18 inch stain pad will be utilized for the horizontals. The verticals will either be sprayed or more than likely brushed due the windy conditions we've been having lately. The wood (PTP) will be thirsty as it gets full southern sun and was poorly maintained over the last 4 years.

Thanks for your suggestions.

As much as you can get on the wood the better, we do wet on wet either a heavy coat initially followed by a misting or we mist the floor at the start of the job and finish with a heavy coat at the end.

Aaron,

Wet on wet will give you a very nice finish for this job.

I hope the learned others that use A/C will chime in.

Feel free to contact me if you might have any other questions.

Many thanks,

Jake

1 209 541 6579 cell

As much as you can get on the wood the better, we do wet on wet either a heavy coat initially followed by a misting or we mist the floor at the start of the job and finish with a heavy coat at the end.

Pretty much agree. Older wood needs more than newer wood does.

Beth