Sign in to follow this  
Rick2

Aruba

Question

Anyone out there ever been to Aruba? The wife wants to do a 4 or 5 day vacation next month and mentioned Aruba. I'd rather not, sort of bored with the islands. My choice would be Vegas.

4 answers to this question

Have not been there but it is on the list. But then again any white sandy beach with clear blue water and fruity rum drinks will sell me....

I would pick it over Vegas any day.

Our avatar was from a pick taken in the Caribbean.

Beth

Polina is looking at your reply this moment saying "Yahoo!" to your opinion. I'm trying to think of what might be more interesting for Patrick, things like the Hover Dam and the Grand Canyon are not to far away if I rent a car. I'd also like to see that shop where "Pawn Stars" is filmed. Many many years ago my parents took us on vacation through the west and we spent time in Vegas. I remember my father teaching all of us 7 kids how foolish it is to gamble by putting a dollar coin in a slot machine. I guess the idea was to lose the money in one pull of the handle but he ended up wacking the machine for $??? I don't know how much it was but I remember he was pretty excited and my mom pulling him away from the machine. Good lesson dad. :)

Kids LOVE beaches. Sand castles.....water....hamburgers.....fries....

What about Mexico? Someplace like Cozumel? Swimming with the dolphins was incredible.

Or an area with pyramid ruins like Costa Maya, or Tulum?

There is a place in Jamaica called Beaches that is an all inclusive resort and it has fun kid stuff and activities as well as things for adults. It has a sitter service so you two get alone time as well.

Beth