Sign in to follow this  
Prestige Pressure Washing

Apartment Complex

Question

I am hoping to get my first Apartment Complex soon and was just wondering how to handle all of the vehicles that are parked up next to the buildings? This is a College Living Complex and there seems to be no extra parking or overflow parking available and there are hundreds of vehicles parked all around. I was going to try and work it out where I could do 3 to 4 buildings a day on a schedule so the tennants could be notified not to park next to the buildings on the day their Apartment was being done. This being said, i dont think there is anywhere else for them to park. I am concerned about the overspray of chems and soap getting on the vehicles and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to handle this? Thanks for any help and have a great day.

9 answers to this question

Specify in your bid that cars have to be moved and that you will notify them of the schedule ahead of time. Then it is up to the apt manager to post notices. After that it's the tenants' responsibility to move their vehicles.

Yes you must have the apartment manager give them a notice. Water the cars before and after, they will be fine if it is a regular house wash. When they complain and they will tell them they should have got a notice and it is only soap that can come off easily with a wash.

Yor're right to worry about overspray in the cars, especally if you are using a bleach mixture. Can you cet a ground person to keep the cars wet?

I am hoping to get my first Apartment Complex soon and was just wondering how to handle all of the vehicles that are parked up next to the buildings? This is a College Living Complex and there seems to be no extra parking or overflow parking available and there are hundreds of vehicles parked all around. I was going to try and work it out where I could do 3 to 4 buildings a day on a schedule so the tennants could be notified not to park next to the buildings on the day their Apartment was being done. This being said, i dont think there is anywhere else for them to park. I am concerned about the overspray of chems and soap getting on the vehicles and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to handle this? Thanks for any help and have a great day.

Did you get the job? How did you handle the overspray issue?

wont matter to college kids anyway, we have done several and they never listen, pay attention or care about much! LOL

You aren't using the right college method. Ice cold beer when the job is finished. That should work for any college kid.