Sign in to follow this  
Scott Stone

Stolen Pressure Washer

Question

Out of my yard, it was a Delco RK-40C that was mounted on the back of my F-550. I am not pleased. So, if you happen to see one for sale for too cheap, or too expensive, it could be mine. Let me know.

7 answers to this question

Have the Police check for finger prints. Maybe you will get lucky and get a hit in their data base.

Was the unit bolted down in anyway?

You may have multiple claims for your insurance's.

If you have Business Auto Insurance, and a clause for equipment, you should get all of your money back. If not, then depending if your insurance on you home covers product, you can get some there as well. If you take out a separate insurance on the equipment, it's not that expensive on a $4,000 dollar unit. Depending on which insurance you have, you should be fine. it is just a pain to go through it.

Again,

Check you Home (Since it happened in you back yard. Most Home owners insurance covers up to $1,000 to $5,000 of property), Business Auto should cover most of it, and if you got the optional equipment insurance, then you should be alright with 80% coverage or more.

I would also suggest to get cameras. We have night vision cameras all throughout our outside of the home. Even though we live in a well to do neighborhood, we still have them. They are wireless and all my neighbors can tune into the cameras if we are away. They also record off site to a network. In our warehouse, we also have motion senors, heat sensors as well.

The point here is you can never be to cautious when it comes to protecting your property and you livelihood.

It did not happen in my back yard. It is at my yard, which is about 5 miles from home, where I store most of my equipment and my trailers. Not much, 5 trailers and four trucks are there. It just sickens me to know that someone took some of my stuff, but, we will suck it up and move on.

As for fingerprints? Unless there is a loss of life, or assault, the police do not even darken the door to take finger prints. A phone report, and that is all they do around here.

It did not happen in my back yard. It is at my yard, which is about 5 miles from home, where I store most of my equipment and my trailers. Not much, 5 trailers and four trucks are there. It just sickens me to know that someone took some of my stuff, but, we will suck it up and move on.

As for fingerprints? Unless there is a loss of life, or assault, the police do not even darken the door to take finger prints. A phone report, and that is all they do around here.

Sorry to hear that. I did misunderstood you about the yard.

Maybe you should look into the cameras I talked about with the night vision. I have ours tide into the network so that we can see both of our warehouse's, one in N. Sacramento and the other we share in Vernalis 24/7.

One thing about California, when I had a winch stolen, I requested finger prints and they did them because it was over $500. I guess there is allot that people say about California, however at least I got them to finger print the trailer and they caught the guy 2 months later.

Again, Sorry to hear that this happened to you Scott.

I know you and I have had our differences, but I do not like to hear about this happening to anyone.

Hope they catch the guy before you do !