Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Way overboard with the Santa stuff.

Question

Just venting a bit.

I'm all about having a nicely decorated holiday theme at the house for Christmas and all....

But todays fence prep was plagued by candy canes driveway lights (100's of them), inflatable Santa front yard globes, Rudolph scenes, elfs and all kinds of shhhhhhi......... stuff, to weave my hose around.

Had to run 300 ft of hose ( on both sides of yard) on this project and dance around all of this stuff to get to the back yard for the fence. Ugh.

Well, I guess I am complaining.

I guess part of my attitude is the fact that with the budget of Christmas decorations, they could of at least hired a doggie poop service to take care of the mountains of other shhhhhhhi....stuff in the back yard. Those poor dogs. Geez.

Has anyone ever refused to provide a service due to debris, poop or too many Santas dancing around?

again, just venting a bit, what a project.

Edited by Adrian
stop calling me everytime I make a post, Potter.

15 answers to this question

It's usually to late and your up Schitts Creak Slip sliding away. The worst around here is when spring rolls around and they haven't touched one all winter. Once I quoted a Basset hound breeder and got the job . 2 months later went to do the job and there were about 100 doo-ders on a PT deck. I did not do the deck.

Nothing worse than doing an estimate and heading down the steps to scope out the posts and the side of the deck from the yard and coming back up to the homeowner with that stench on your boot....

That is just plain disrespectful to expose a contractor to that type of working situation and that being said, I would feel the same Adrian.

Having excessive fecal matter on a deck is considered a hazmat situation and I would inform the HO to clean it up or I will not do the work.

We are humans above all else and no one should be expected to deal with that except the owner themselves.

I even had a big fight with my older brother who had a German Shepard. He tried to put me to task of cleaning up after it but I refused. It's not my animal. Mom stood behind me on this and was one of my rare victories.

Rod!~

The most disgusting thing or things because i've seen it a few times is bird feeder's and other type of animal feeder's. All I can say is GROSS to the 10th power !!!

Bird splat mixed with bird food decomposing for a few years never picked up piled high and a new layer started anew.

Edited by James

Yeah, I'm half way through the fence project now Rod. Just need it to dry up so I can spray it.

But it really is a gross situation.

It's just something else to add to the op's manual I guess.

There is a limit to how much shhhiiiii....... stuff a person can deal with.

I made real sure that the shoes were cleaned off before I got back in the truck. No way I am driving 30 minutes with that smell reaking me out.

2 weeks ago while at Friendlies with wife and 9 year old son we were deciding on what toppings and ice cream to get. They have the choices of different brand candies like Reese's and others. The waitress comes over and my 9 year say's I'll have the vanilla ice cream with Feese's all over it. She could stop laughing and the booths to each side started laughing. A cherished moment forever !