Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

A fence resto

Question

35 answers to this question

If I am not mistaken, that is one of the colors that Shane designed a few years back. i absolutely love the tone myself.

It does lighten up a bit, but it takes a while. The customer was overjoyed with the finished project.

The down side to this project was another of my chief complaints. A yard filled with dog ( rhymes with spit) everywhere.

The last 3 or 4 projects have been clouded with dog spit. Dog spit everywhere. I hate that. 500k home filled with dog spit.

I had to rinse the hose on this one as I was rolling up. Nasty nasty dog spit. everywhere. I could smell it the first day I went for the estimate.

Thanks for the positive comment Paul.

Adrian,

That is a very sweet looking fence.

I'm sure you addressed both of questions before but I'm going to ask anyway,

Please explain the picture under your name, is it a chemical burn ?

The next question is, what is your connection with the Breezebrush ?

If you talked about these things before, I'm sorry, but I could not find them.

Adrian,

Adrian,

Thx for the kind words David.

The avatar is a pic of a surgery I am about 7 weeks into recovery from a detacthed biceps muscle and crunched ac/rotator cuff and bone shaving.

Never again, I think a chem burn would have felt alot better than this injury.

I am the designer of The Breezeâ„¢ Brush.

It is intended for the DIY sector, however, could be very useful for contractors as well. Those that don't do enough wood resto to justify the cost' of an HVLP find this application system very useful.

It is not as fast as an HVLP system, but, much much quicker than a roller or brush.

It is still very much in the R&D stage.

As well as a concrete sealing brush system.

It's a fun project, and I love that I am helping others with their wood resto's.

I haven't "officially" launched the product to the public yet other than the website.

However I am doing order fulfillment now, and am getting very positive feedback from those that use it.

What is this "Baker's Special Blend" you speak of? Very pretty restoration.

That fence is a long way and a lot of work from its sad neglected former state...

Thx for the positive comment Doug.

Bakers Special Blend is available at

texaswoodproducts.com

along with their other colors as well.

The guru of wood himself ( a stranger to this board lately) Shane B. from Texas, came up with the blend a while back and TWP sells the blend. It's a great stain.

Thanks a million Dave.

The surgery was really something I had know idea would be this painful or lengthly to recover from.

Who gets cabin fever in Texas, right? Well I have finally experienced it. It stinks.

I cannot wait to get back into the game. Good days & bad days during this healing process.

Not really sure that I would make the best millionare. I would probably blow it on an airplane or another helicopter or a warehouse full of Gibson's and Fender guitars lol. Thankfully I have a GREAT financial advisor when that day comes.

However I would like to add something to the industry that wasn't there before, for others at an affordable price (and of course show a little profit on the return).

Always happy to help my forum friends with a modest reduction in cost vs. the retail to the public.

These forums ( in most cases) are where the real fortune ( of info) are.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Not anymore, but I have owned two single place Revolution mini 500's with 90hp rotex enigines. Sweet birds if built and balanced properly. Deathtrap if built incorrectly.

Sold one to a farmer here in Texas and the other I sold to a german refurb group who outfitted it with gunnery and performance enhancement package. It increased the hp by 25hp with turbine, and it now has a flight speed of close to 180 mph even with the added weight of gunnery.

In turn, they sold it for triple the profit to a russian protection agency.

My eyes are fixed on the Raven ultralite now. Hopefully before my body breaks apart any further, and my sight fails me i'll have it up in the air before my first social security check arrives. lol.

Adrian, you changing sealers on me???!!

I gotta be honest Tracy, RS, is a nightmare to find here anymore.

Kwall phased it out and I got as much last year as I could afford to keep on hand.

I have finally run out and have to use the BGA.

The nearest location ( Murphy Bros.) for me to pick it up is about 50 or so miles away, one way.

I have to justify and pass on those cost' to the customer, even if I had it shipped in.

The BGA vendor (Shane of Woodsavers of TX.) treats me like royalty which I really appreciate.

Their location is half the distance. I get the same results for 20.00 less per 5er.

What can I say, RS has always been my top choice, but they keep raising the rates and make it harder to find.

Honestly IMO,if prepped and applied properly, neither one outperforms the other, but, price, distance, and time, all have a to be factored into my rates.

I have a project in Castle Hills (DFW) that I will use RS on after I am recovered and running again. It will take about 30gal.

I will purchase it from them direct, because RS dist. are right next door to where the project is. (Then again so is TWP).

All within just a couple of miles.

It is beyond me why they pulled RS off the shelf at Kwall. Because Kwall is everywhere around here. Availability never used to be a concern. Just slip in and slip out and get paid. Now it's a major headache.

When it's time to go, it's time to go, I can't be driving around town all day trying to hunt this stuff down.

BGA & Shane have never failed me once.

I hope you understand it is nothing personal. It's not like the old days when I lived in ATL.

You guys have NEVER failed me in ATL. But that's along way from home for me now.

Plus it makes no rhyme or reason for me to keep a pallet of the stuff onhand , due to the varying request of colors.

Sorry brother, I do what I have to do to makes ends meet.

Our friendship is more important than any stinking stain anyways, don't you know that?

That's my take.......

Haha Adrian man you spoiled complaining about too far a drive for some stain lol! My nearest bucket of stain is a 3 day UPS trip from Scott. Dont think I've ever been able to buy stain at brick and motor retail.

Haha Adrian man you spoiled complaining about too far a drive for some stain lol! My nearest bucket of stain is a 3 day UPS trip from Scott. Dont think I've ever been able to buy stain at brick and motor retail.

ok, here's the truth.

Not spoiled just old and tired lol.

Sig Nazi, what's up with Shane and how's he doing? Tell him to give the BDA chairman a call sometime.

He should be looking you up real soon Jim, just got off the phone with him.

Nice job on the fence. Are you still able to play guitar while recovering from the surgery?

You bet man, as long as it is in my lap and not hanging on the shoulder.

No more Van Halen mid air splits for this old timer. Bummer.

Time will tell, but the last thing I need is a hip replacement. lol.

The yard has been replaced with a swimming pool.

Every inch of real estate was used to install the "pool scape" to include waterfalls and palms.

They left the fence intact except for one small area that got hit with a bulldozer during construction.

I stained the new wood for them even though the wood was still a little "young".

It's a pretty close match to the original wood.

Much better than the yellow contrast.