Sign in to follow this  
cwarrior

General Pump

Same specs, different warranty. The HP5535 is a relabeled pump made by General. You'll have to go back to the vendor who sold it for warranty consideration rather than going to General. The HP5535 was formerly known as the TS2021B.

Same specs, different warranty. The HP5535 is a relabeled pump made by General. You'll have to go back to the vendor who sold it for warranty consideration rather than going to General. The HP5535 was formerly known as the TS2021B.

General Pump's website wont tell you that, ......good knowing someone with the inside scoop, Russ J !!

Edited by 810F250

That's because the pump is not sanctioned or authorized by General. I'm only guessing here, but I'm thinking the name change happened due to copyright infringement.

Mark, if you ordered a TS2021, you didn't get what you paid for.

That's because the pump is not sanctioned or authorized by General. I'm only guessing here, but I'm thinking the name change happened due to copyright infringement.

Mark, if you ordered a TS2021, you didn't get what you paid for.

Russ J,........ whats the scoop on this pump GT5635

Why would general make a pump HP5535 to compete against their own product TS2021 ............is it a North American manufacturing issue? Similar to Honda Japan and Honda USA

Russ J,........ whats the scoop on this pump GT5635

Legacy seems to be as durable a pump as most.

Why would general make a pump HP5535 to compete against their own product TS2021 ............is it a North American manufacturing issue? Similar to Honda Japan and Honda USA

General doesn't MAKE the HP 5535. If you'll notice, the spec sheet that you linked to is for multiple pumps with different ratings. The smallest one, the T1011 is only rated for 2,000 psi @ 1,450 rpm, and only 1,500 psi at 1,750 rpms. Now look down through the parts list. The only parts that vary model to model are the manifold (both are brass, one is nickel plated), and the crankcase cover (one is larger for more oil capacity).

So, I buy a pallet of T1011's at a lower price and slap a HP5535 sticker on it.

Just for clarification, I don't relabel the pumps, i buy them like that.

Edited by Russ Johnson
Point of clarification

Have you met the newest Legacy HD Pump? Meet the GT5635! This is THE alternative for the TS2021.

Keeping with the Legacy HD promise the GT5635 features:

• lower purchasing cost than the TS2021
  • a FREE high temperature, long life seals and packing
  • and since it is a Legacy your repair parts cost less too.

You save money up front and over the life of pump and keeping you up and running for longer.

Russ, whats the scoop with the different pressure ratings on the 47 series pumps between Italian Interpump (1450 psi max) and US General pump(3500 psi max) for the same speed and gpm in the series?

Are the pumps mechanically identical?

Page 30 of the catalog you linked to has the equivalent of the TS2021 (the WS202) that is rated for 2,900 psi. I guess General decided they could sell more by rating it for 3,500? Who knows...but, yes, other than some differences in appearance, the mechanicals are the same.

Page 30 of the catalog you linked to has the equivalent of the TS2021 (the WS202) that is rated for 2,900 psi. I guess General decided they could sell more by rating it for 3,500? Who knows...but, yes, other than some differences in appearance, the mechanicals are the same.

Thanks Russ J. I noticed the US General Pumps did not alter the max pressure rating on the 66 series TSF's (only a few models bumped by a few psi).

It is interesting however that they upped the max pressure on the TS2021 units in the US, I guess the engineering dept. figured it could be done without safety and pump life issue, and more so the need to have a product to compete in the popular market segment.

The new 4350 psi max rated pumps in the 66series class may also be a product produced to fill a market segment.

I wish however there was a more affordable 8 to 9 gpm factory max pressure(4300 to 4500 psi range) pump on the market. I have set my TSF2021 above max rating once and the additional 600 psi increased speed at the end of 200 feet of hose, especially in the surface cleaner.

I remember reading that one of the key factors in facilitating an increase in the max pump rating is the diameter of the plunger because of the "forces" acting on it. (Usually smaller bore pumps in the same series of pumps are rated at higher pressures, even more so when the speed is reduced).

I guess if I had to build a rig today I would use a dual over sized pump setup to achieve the higher flow at at over 4000 psi rating I desire, this would provide a much lower cost than the General Pump "KE series" pumps performance I so long for.

I remember reading that one of the key factors in facilitating an increase in the max pump rating is the diameter of the plunger because of the "forces" acting on it. (Usually smaller bore pumps in the same series of pumps are rated at higher pressures, even more so when the speed is reduced).

That's true. All the UHP blasters use a small diameter piston (1" - 1 1/2"), but a 4" stroke and 1,000 rpms or less, and pump 20 gpm @20,000 psi.

That's true. All the UHP blasters use a small diameter piston (1" - 1 1/2"), but a 4" stroke and 1,000 rpms or less, and pump 20 gpm @20,000 psi.

What type of material is used for the plungers on UHP pumps?

I knew of the disadvantages of having high speed (3400 rpm) pressure pumps for commercial cleaning and the advantages of 1750 and 1450 rpm speeds, but as I read more on manufacturers websites I noticed that the industrial units use even lower rpm pumps or they are oversized pumps, so that the installer can lower the rpm to achieve the desired flow.

Russ I dont know of any commercial hot water units from the big brand manufacturers that oversizes or have the option to oversize the pumps on their units, is there any?

I wonder how much more life/less maintenance maybe gained by reducing speed from 1750rpm to say 1000-800 rpm.

What type of material is used for the plungers on UHP pumps?

Usually solid stainless steel

Russ I dont know of any commercial hot water units from the big brand manufacturers that oversizes or have the option to oversize the pumps on their units, is there any?

Not really. The oversized pumps cost more money, so they stick to the manufacturers' ratings. Larger pumps would cost more money, and you know most shop price.

I wonder how much more life/less maintenance maybe gained by reducing speed from 1750rpm to say 1000-800 rpm.

You wouldn't want to slow the pump much, as they are designed to splash a certain amount of oil around in the crankcase at the specified rpms. Slowing the pump too much may cause a lack of proper lubrication. Many of the UHP pumps I've seen have oiler cups on the piston rod so they don't rely on a "splash" lubrication system as much.

Usually solid stainless steel

Not really. The oversized pumps cost more money, so they stick to the manufacturers' ratings. Larger pumps would cost more money, and you know most shop price.

You wouldn't want to slow the pump much, as they are designed to splash a certain amount of oil around in the crankcase at the specified rpms. Slowing the pump too much may cause a lack of proper lubrication. Many of the UHP pumps I've seen have oiler cups on the piston rod so they don't rely on a "splash" lubrication system as much.

Most do shop price,...... I have read about the splash lube limitations and general pump has a min on some pumps of 500 rpm.

Thanks Russ J.