Sign in to follow this  
marco

hose barb?

Question

I heard of a tip used for downstreaming its a 1/4 inch hose barb could someone tell me a little more about it .how far it sprays and where to find one ?THANK YOU!

19 answers to this question

Marco,

How far it will spray will depend on your machine's gpm/psi. 20' to 40' depending on machine, I'd guess. You can find them at most hardware/HomeDepot/Lowes. They are found in the plumbing section. Brass with pipe threads on one end, hose barb on the other.

I heard of a tip used for downstreaming its a 1/4 inch hose barb could someone tell me a little more about it .how far it sprays and where to find one ?THANK YOU!

Either 1/4" or 3/16" hose barb, depending on your machine and downstream injector. A meg tip will be much more durable than a brass hose barb, though.

Please fill out your signature completely. Thanks a bunch.

Either 1/4" or 3/16" hose barb, depending on your machine and downstream injector. A meg tip will be much more durable than a brass hose barb, though.

Please fill out your signature completely. Thanks a bunch.

a little confused with the sig. what do you mean by completely?

I have tried a couple different 1/4" hose barbs but for my 5.6 gpm @ 3,500 psi, nothing comes close to the 0040 tip and it's 50 foot high rifle shot!!!

I agree with David 100%. A 0040 or a 0030 tip is very inexpensive and does the trick for us as well. I also tried a hose barb and didn't get nearly the results that I do from the other tips. Some of the House Washes and Building Washes that we do are 2 and 3 stries high and we have no problem washing them from the ground.

I have tried a couple different 1/4" hose barbs but for my 5.6 gpm @ 3,500 psi, nothing comes close to the 0040 tip and it's 50 foot high rifle shot!!!
I agree with David 100%. A 0040 or a 0030 tip is very inexpensive and does the trick for us as well. I also tried a hose barb and didn't get nearly the results that I do from the other tips. Some of the House Washes and Building Washes that we do are 2 and 3 stries high and we have no problem washing them from the ground.

It probably has to do with the orifice size being suited for your pw machines vs a 1/4" hose barb and the fact the flow through it is more streamlined.

The manufactured nozzle is a precision tool the hose barb is not, not bashing the use of a hose barb, I use it. But am writing this to say that two 1/4 inch hose bars from the same manufacturer probably would have greater size variation than two pressure washing zero tips from different manufacturers.

what is an 0040 tip ?

Here is a pic of what one looks like posted by Bob at Pressure Tek. Paul at the Power Wash Store could probably hook you up as well.

http://www.pressuretek.com/0dessno.html

Screw that into one of these and you are set:

http://www.pressuretek.com/1fptimstpl.html

water comes out at at a .40 spray pattern. You still need to fill out the SIGNATURE part dude.

You're right about the signature but wrong about the spray pattern.

0040 is 00 degrees at 40 gpm.

A 40 degree spray pattern at 40 gpm would be 4040. 40 Degrees at 10 gpm is 4010.

I have these made. Stainless Steel, I modify it a tad where it screws into the QC so it holds the water stream better. Looks like a Ladder Saver, but works better and costs a lot less.

Having some made for the Myrtle Beach RT.

post-6071-137772367078_thumb.jpg

post-6071-137772367091_thumb.jpg