Sign in to follow this  
Washed Up

lead paint certified ?

Question

Did any of you guy's have to become E.P.A. Lead paint certified ? I was just wondering if it was just a N.Y. law or all around the country. N.Y. state can fine you 37,000.00 per day if u get caught without bing certified. Guess it's worth the $300 course fee.

8 answers to this question

Did any of you guy's have to become E.P.A. Lead paint certified ? I was just wondering if it was just a N.Y. law or all around the country. N.Y. state can fine you 37,000.00 per day if u get caught without bing certified. Guess it's worth the $300 course fee.

It is federal law, with a few states administering themselves. I took it last year. Paying the $300.00 course fee is the easy part. Actually complying with the law and the paperwork requirements is the more time consuming part.

I'm signed up for March 1st already. thanks for the info. I can't really afford a $37,000,00 per say fine. It sounds like it would b easier to turn away job's that contain the L word. Doing that work can b profitable though but it would b a giant pain in the butt.

I was lucky. Porter paints had a deal for all it's commercial cleints. I paid $249 for their course and got a $199 coupon! I heard that Sherwin Williams was running some specials too. Might be too late now, but it never hurts to ask:)