Sign in to follow this  
troyt

Need an idea.

Question

In my neck of the world the pw season is comming close to an end. I need something to do in the winter months. I was thinking about a blind cleaning service. Has anyone tried this before, or know anything about equipment and pricing?

12 answers to this question

I ran across a guy recently that did that, He was out cleaning a Bennigans type place. had a trailer with a low pressure chem setup, and a set of hooks that he set the blinds on, sprayed chem,(dk what kind.) added a squirt of goof off to heavy stains, then rinsed. then hung on another set of hooks to dry. Another guy was busy, taking down and reinstalling while he cleaned. looked pretty efficient. I think he said he got an avg of $6.00 per blind.

some of those restaurant blinds can be pretty big so probably have to have 2 people to take down and install. But this was his only business, so from what I gathered he did pretty well.

Oh yeah, I believe it was a franchise. You could probably come up with the chems, on a triall and error basis. probably a non-butyl degreaser with a surfectant would work. and get a welder to set up some hangers on your trailor.

Good luck. hope this helps

I have seen the ultrasonic dipping machines, are they necessary. I think I will ask around an see if this is needed, and limit the blinds I clean to ones that can be cleaned using low pressure or compressed air. Thanks everyone for the feed back.

Most of the fall gets real cold, and fast. The end of october and everything pretty much freezes up till March or April. This and not much snow or ice, so gutters are not a real big thing, thanks for the ideas. I was also thinking outdoor holiday decorating, putting up xmass lights and stuff like that.

In that case the only thing I could think of would be kitchen hood cleaning. I don't do hood cleaning but I know others on the board do. Beth and Rod clean them so they might be able to give you some tips on it.

If your good at repairs you could offer a handyman service.

Does your new construction come to a screeching halt in the winter there? Inside cleaning of those isn't bad money :)

We've also thought about starting a line of wooden deck furniture .... build & stain inside in the winter - sell sell sell in the spring.

I am thinking about starting a Staging Business on the side. The building, buying and selling of homes in the area is exploding. I have a friend that is a very good decorator, and I could cross sell some other services, might just keep me busy.