Sign in to follow this  
Jon

Movin' On.

Question

Hey all the time has come to roll up my hoses put away the wands and drain the tanks.

Life has been good, pressure washing even better and all the friends I have made over the years on the boards, in person, at the PWNA conventions and even my local competitors I have met and had lunch with will remain friends forever.

I am retiring from the business more for health reasons then because I don’t want to work anymore.

The business has been sold; the trailer is up for sale as the person who bought the business has his own rig. I will post info on trailer in a few days, feel free to Email me about if you can’t wait.

Health comes first and I will be having a few surgeries soon and hopefully the end results will be good for me, there’s is a 50/50 chance so I am looking at that good 50%.

I will always be around to answer Email and phone calls if you want help but not sure what my new phone number, Email and USPS address will be yet.

Remy and I are looking for a larger home; I know most who retire down size, not us not yet anyway.

To those of you in the Pacific Northwest (Oregon/Washington) feel free to send me information on housing and good cities to live in that are at the most 1 hour from a major city like Portland or Seattle, what the weather is like and what areas to avoid living in. (The relocating will be in about a year, need to spend time looking first)

Thanks everyone, take care and keep cleaning up the town.

Jon & Remy Fleischer

14 answers to this question

Jon, The industry is losing a fine example of what others should aspire to become. Your peers and your customers and even us lowlife greasers too will miss you and I hope we stay in contact even if you want to move to Seattle (very wet place). I am in Seattle and Shoreline Washington from time to time and if that is where you go, I will expect an invite for the next time I am there!

Jon,

Even though I never met you I feel like I know you. I've read many of your post and exchange a few IM's and e-mails with you. I consider you a friend and an inspiration to all in the Powerwashing field. I was just talking about you the other day to a friend of mine. I was telling him that you are a young 60 and still kicking butt in the Powerwashing field. I am 43 and I'm hoping that I will have the strength and the will power to continue onward when I reach.....50 smile.gif So you my friend are and always will be an inspiration to me to continue onwards.

Best of luck with your health issues and where ever you decide to move to. Stay in touch if you can by dropping in on these bb's from time to time.

Your friend,

John T.

Jon, I'll freely admit that I've learned more than just pw stuff from your posts. You are a professional in every sense of the word - we wish you the best with your health and future plans. You will be in our prayers.

Celeste

Jon,

What else is there to say that hasn't been said? I too never met you in person, but feel like I got to know a lot about you. I don't doubt for a minute that you were a valuable asset to the power washing community. Actually I hope not WERE, but rather ARE STILL an asset, hoping that you hang around on these boards so we can all pick your brain.

As you said, health is first, and if you really think about it, life is nothing without your health.

You'll be in my thoughts, hoping for a full recovery.

Have you ever thought about moving to Michigan? I could sure use a salesman like you..... smile.gif

Best wishes Friend!

Jon,

Rod and I consider ourselves fortunate to have you as a friend. You have been there for us, and during the time I have worked with you on PWNA items, you have been there for the organization and the members as well. Anytime I have ever said 'hey Jon, can you talk to this person and help them please' you have done it with a giving and positive can-do attitude.

You may be leaving power washing, but you'll always be a friend of ours.

Beth & Rod

p.s. You'll always have Moderator status on these forums....:groovy3:

Thanks all, trust me when your time comes to move on it is not going to be easy, I sit here knowing I will show my face often, sometimes I may be gone for several weeks or so but will always come back here.

Beth and Rod are special to me, heck I remember the first time I EYED Beth in Las Vegas and caught Rod watching me like a HAWK, man he is a double for Mr. Clean so I had to think twice before approaching Beth to gvie her a friendship hug, uh oh he moves in, I back away and say HI ROD I am Jon, ah he relaxes a bit. WHEW I though I was going be a punching bag for a moment there.

And yes that is how I met them too, and yes I did think he might move in physically for a second too! Say Beth we never did finish that hug either!

Beth I thank you for the faith you have in me to keep me on as a Moderator on the board!

Tony I would love to visit MI and all the wonderful places there but living there, well you would have to talk Remy into it as I would indeed move there or anyplace where it SNOWS, gets ICY, has 4 seasons and less wall to wall concrete jungles.

To all of you, THANKS.

well jon you have three major events in close succession...retiring...surgery...relocating...pick anyone on its own would be pretty stressfull...so you are doing the right thing taking it one step at a time..goodluck with each one and we will all be thinking of you and remy....cheers paul.

Hey Jon,

Haven't been on the board in a few days so I just found out. Good luck in starting a new chapter in your life. I wish you the best and thank you for your thoughts and ideas over the last year. Colorado is incredible if you ever get the chance to visit. Please look me up! Take care.

Gavin

Thanks all, the relocating will be a year away other then we sold our home and found another closer to the grandkids for now, full recovery takes about a year so have to hang close to the doc.

For sure my last post for about 3 weeks comes on November 3 when the doc knocks me out and cuts, OUCH Doc mind watching where you cut with that sharpened blade!