Sign in to follow this  
Shawn F.

Belt Drive Cold Pressure Washer

Do you guys think that I can get by with a nice belt drive type cold washer unit starting out doing just siding and gutters and later down the road buy a heated skid unit and use this belt drive for backup?

I am trying to figure out what to do here and do not plan to do driveways or any commercial work this year until I master siding and gutters along with my window cleaning.

Thanks for any info!

I guess the question is : is a heated pressure washer needed for cleaning siding and gutters? Probably not, right?

I think a good cold unit as back up makes sense . Have you seen how large the heated skids are? They are huge.

I am sort of in the same boat right now. Have you seen my thread? I'm currently considering buying a quality cold unit and I put up links to a couple of them that I found so far.

Neil

Do you guys think that I can get by with a nice belt drive type cold washer unit starting out doing just siding and gutters and later down the road buy a heated skid unit and use this belt drive for backup?

I am trying to figure out what to do here and do not plan to do driveways or any commercial work this year until I master siding and gutters along with my window cleaning.

Thanks for any info!

Neil, yes I did see yours. Currently I use a Honda 13HP 4.0 GPM unit (cold) and it works ok. I'd like to go to a 5 GPM cold belt drive unit or similar. The skid units are huge but I have plenty of trucks and a trailer to haul it. My main goal by next year is to have a flatbed truck or even a NPR Isuzu with everything mounted on it and under bed tool boxes for my window cleaning stuff. That way I do not have a trailer to haul around and I can use the flatbed specifically for work only and drive my El Camino for estimates and what not...

I'd love a van but it's just not going to happen. They are nice for security, space and act as a billboard but it wont work for me. An NPR box truck would be nice but not sure I want that beast sitting in my driveway with my 5 other cars (hot rods). If I had the space for a NPR box truck with the 4 banger turbo motor then that would be the way to go. My friend has one and is getting 12 MPG with it loaded down heavily for plumbing and can fit a TON of stuff in it. It's a HUGE running billboard too and the cab is separate from the box so no fume smells.

You do not need the heat, spend more money on Gallon Flow. Buy a 6 or 8 or 10 gal. cold and you will be happy.

Bringing this thread back up again... Any recommendation on which cold unit in the 6 GPM range would be best? Vangaurd motor, Honda, etc? I cannot get my local pressure washing company to contact me back with a quote (it's been 2 months) so I am giving up on them now. I've called several times very nicely and they keep promising to get back to me on a quote but no luck at all so I'm done trying with them. Looks like Russ is going to most likely be the one getting my business.

Yes unfortunately they are not getting back to me because a few of the guys there are very nice and know what they are doing. I tried 6 times to get a price quote from them. The first 3 times I just figured they are busy and forgot because the guy who was supposed to get back to me was out of the office a lot for family and stuff. After the 6th try I just gave up...

Russ, I will contact you on Monday about a cold washer unit. Thanks.

Thanks for all the information and help today Russ! I will be ordering my new pressure washer unit from Russ in the next week or so for sure. Great customer service and a nice guy! Too bad he isn't located in NC. :)

BTW, I have decided to go with a Pressure Pro cold belt drive unit with 5.5 gpm and 3500 psi. Vanguard 18HP motor, General pump. Seems like that is all I will need since I am only doing residential work and most likely will not need 4000 psi and heat anytime soon. When it's time to step up I will go with a bigger heated skid unit and use this one for a backup.

Edited by Shawn F.

I guess the question is : is a heated pressure washer needed for cleaning siding and gutters? Probably not, right?

I think a good cold unit as back up makes sense . Have you seen how large the heated skids are? They are huge.

I am sort of in the same boat right now. Have you seen my thread? I'm currently considering buying a quality cold unit and I put up links to a couple of them that I found so far.

Neil

Welcome to TGS Neil.

Please go to your settings and complete your signature line. House rules. You can also add your company info and website as well. Again welcome to TGS.

Edited by Adrian

Thanks for all the information and help today Russ! I will be ordering my new pressure washer unit from Russ in the next week or so for sure. Great customer service and a nice guy! Too bad he isn't located in NC. :)

BTW, I have decided to go with a Pressure Pro cold belt drive unit with 5.5 gpm and 3500 psi. Vanguard 18HP motor, General pump. Seems like that is all I will need since I am only doing residential work and most likely will not need 4000 psi and heat anytime soon. When it's time to step up I will go with a bigger heated skid unit and use this one for a backup.

Many have started with less.

Congrats on knowing Russ.

That's the only name you need for pw gear.