Sign in to follow this  
Gutter Squad

13 hp Honda issues

I've got two 13 hp Hondas that are each giving me some issues.

Engine #1: Starts right up and seems to run strong. However, when you stop the flow of water out of the pump, the engine quickly dies. It can be started right back up without problem and again runs strong, until you release the trigger on the nozzle... then dead in seconds.

Engine #2: When the engine is off (and maybe when running?) gas drips out right by the carburetor from a plastic. Ummm... nothing else seems to be long.

I could just take therm both to the small engine shop... but I've replaced the carbs on both before and do the normal maintenance on them... was hoping for a couple pointers - sure someone has encountered the same issues before.

I've got two 13 hp Hondas that are each giving me some issues.

Engine #1: Starts right up and seems to run strong. However, when you stop the flow of water out of the pump, the engine quickly dies. It can be started right back up without problem and again runs strong, until you release the trigger on the nozzle... then dead in seconds.

Engine #2: When the engine is off (and maybe when running?) gas drips out right by the carburetor from a plastic. Ummm... nothing else seems to be long.

I could just take therm both to the small engine shop... but I've replaced the carbs on both before and do the normal maintenance on them... was hoping for a couple pointers - sure someone has encountered the same issues before.

#1...see below, #2...Sounds like something is stuck in the float needle valve.

I'd bet the problem with engine no.1 isn't the engine at all. it's the unloader on the pump.

Yep, I agree.

#1...see below, #2...Sounds like something is stuck in the float needle valve.

Yep, I agree.

I will 3rd that lol,just had the samething happen with an unloader