Sign in to follow this  
CLASSICPW

Wolman's raincoat

Question

Has anyone tried the raincoat in cedar yet. I've been using the TWP for awhile and have had various results, most good. The last 5 gal pail I bought had tons of crap floating in it and it kept clogging my sprayer.

5 answers to this question

Since nobody has used this yet, I'll put in my 2 cents. I used the raincoat clear(only because they insisted) and I tried out the tinted cedar. Both go on looking like you're spraying milk, very weird. They cure in about a 1/2 hour, and look pretty good. The cedar was a little light, but turned out real nice.

We have used it, and don't care for it. About the stuff floating in the pail... are you looking at the pail gasket by chance? Is the seal white or black, and has it deteriorated. Reason I ask is that some time ago they had to switch gaskets due to problems. At the time we used a good bit of the Wolman F&P. We got gunk in the pail, and it clogged the sprayers....

Beth

If you like the people you work for and you plan on taking care of them. Don't use it!!! That stuff blows and its hard to get off (strip). I stripped a deck and I couldn't get it off. I let it sit a year and sripped it again. It worked. I hate that stuff.!!

Beth- Wood Tux isn't related to Raincoat are they ?

I find it hard to believe that it's hard to strip Raincoat. I barely even penetrates the wood. Beth, the TWP that I used looked like there was a film on the top of the drum. When you shook it and stirred it the stuff was all over the mix. I'm guessing from over exposure to the heat, but not on my end.