Sign in to follow this  
squirtgun

What a mess.......

Question

9 answers to this question

Boy I bet it looked so nice when it was wet. Handyman was so proud, and then when it started to dry he got paid and ran like the wind with the electric p/w behind him being pulled in his little red wagon. Wait it looks like they spelled something. ummmm yes that is it. It spells any home 2 for 19.99

Tony,

The saddest part is this is one of the 1 story building in the complex.We would have cleaned that end with the xjet & low pressure nozzle on a 6 foot lance.They didn't have to pay us,so I guess the money they saved could be spent replacing the vinyl.............LOL.

Is that vinyl? If so, do the darker areas indicate removal of surface oxidation? I wonder if you could remove all of the oxidation and clean the entire surface to match the screw up by the first guy. Might make the property owners happy. Kind of stupid....my guess is they probably could have just splashed some bleach up there and rinsed it off with low pressure if they wanted to be cheap about it and it would have come out better than they actually got.

That is definitely surface oxidation. I have run into it several times here in MO and when you break the oxidation by accident, all of it has got to go. It's a pain in the butt... It's not a bad bet to go back, educate them on vinyl oxidation and try to match it the best you can, at an "I told you so" price.

Yes it's vinyl and it has oxidation.I noted the problem on the bid we submitted to the owner.His theory was if he pays a pro it's less money in his pocket,so he'll pay someone with no training to do it and live with what ever results they give him.

I bid this complex around $2500(10- 2 story and 6- 1 story buildings) all with the brick/vinyl(various colors) and the owner acted like I was trying to rob him.

All of the vinyl was covered with black mold and algae,so even the squiggles are a small improvement.They didn't bother cleaning any of the brick.They are still covered in mold and I'm fairly sure they won't want to pay a pro to tackle that job.If they decide to I have a bid waiting,it should make the guy pass out.........lol.God I love the PITA factor.