Sign in to follow this  
desi

best ideas for rigs

What are the best ideas for rigs? I plan on getting a 3500 psi 4 gpm cold water unit , hot box, surface cleaner. Is this the best set up for residential work? I will be towing this equipment around on a trailer (2 axle) behing a chevy s-10 truck.

please offer your suggestions

thanks

Desi,

An S10 is kinda small for towing a trailer rig w/water.I know,I know you won't haul it with water,but I promise you will before it's all said and done.Yes an S10 will pull it but the big question is will it stop it????

It all depends on what your going to do, if you can keep it in your garage and many other factors. I'd suggest getting a 5gpm to begin with. Check into a skid unit that you can mount into the back of your truck with a small float tank.. Maybe 50 gallons or so. As long as you can get 5gpm from a hose bib in your area that should cover it. And, you won't have to worry about keeping the trailer heated in winter, or trying to park it.

This way if you make it in this business you can always pull it and mount it onto a trailer in a couple years if you expand much. Like I said, it's all up to what you plan on doing with it and how serious you are.

Beth and Rod have a truck setup similiar to this and they do quite well with it.... Maybe they have a picture of it they can post.

I've got a trailer rig and it works well but it can be a pita to store and keep warm in the cold winters here.