Sign in to follow this  
Christopher

What else can I use Sodium Percarbonate for besides cleaning wood?

I have a lot of the sodium percarbonate sitting there and it is just taking up space and I would like to use it for cleaning something.

I don't do a lot of wood restoration but there should be other uses for Sodium Percarbonate besides wood cleaning.

What else can you use it for?

Thanks.

Pretty sure that stuff has a shelf life too.....

About 6 hrs. if mixed with water. Otherwise, the powder will keep a long time if kept free of humidity.

Sodium percarbonate is the active ingredient in "OxiClean". From clothes washing to cat cleaning, there must be hundreds of viable uses.

LOL - there is no such place that is "free of humidity" in North Carolina, hence, short shelf life! :D

Celeste,

Sodium percarbonate, at least in wood cleaner formula, will last years in powder form. NC has nothing on NJ when it comes to summer humidity, especially this year. A simple air tight container, filled to the brim, is all that is needed for storage.

Since I have Red Oak floors in the house and only some area rugs, carpet cleaning is not an issue.

I have the containers sealed tight, I am on the Gulf coast, right at the water and we have high humidity all year long but when you seal the containers good the powders do last a while so I am trying to find something to clean with this stuff, don't want to throw it away.

I wonder if it would brighten concrete like acids do?

I wonder if it will remove tannin stains like from leaves on concrete like bleach does?

Just trying to find some practical uses for the stuff.

I use Vinegar, baking soda in my daily house hold cleanings, and lemons, all have natural cleaning powers that rival manufactured cleaning solutions. They are safe to use & less expensive than other products.

Why does your avatar say you are from New Dehli when your website says you are from DFW.

Please add a signature as well. House Rules #1.

??????????????????