Sign in to follow this  
Mathew Johnson

How old is this thing

I see an add in the paper for an enclosed pressure washer system, 2 machines, 2 - 18 hp Briggs engines, 255 gal tank with hot water. 3900.00. I am excited, I drive 2 hours with check in hand and this is the maching. The biggest problem I saw was he couldnt get the engines started. How old is this?

And no I didnt buy it

http://pwscleaning.com/pics.htm

That machine was built by Americlean, in Gettysburg, PA. Some of you have mentioned the name Steve Wiley, who was a motivational speaker at the last PWNA convention. He owned Americlean. He was a sales rep for a company called Wash on Wheels, also from Gettysburg before he started Americalean. WOW built the exact same unit. He started the company around 1986, and sold franchises for that business for a number of years - how long - I'm not sure.

The original Americlean units heated their water by running a recirculating pump between the heater and the tank. It was not an instantaneous heating process. My first unit had this type of set up. I used to heat the water up at my house before going out to a job. My how things have progressed.....even the lettering on those machines was hand painted. Vinyl lettering didn't even exist. The I/C twin II engine didn't last very long either. I used to have to put a new gear on the starter every three months.

Thanks, I figured someone would be able to tell me. The guy really got upset when I didnt want to buy it. He asked me to make an offer so I did. I offered him two hundred bucks for the chemicals he had and told him if he wanted to throw in the trailer that was fine.