Sign in to follow this  
ron p

If you had to

Question

single out the most important thing that you learned from the BBS [any bbs on pressure washing] What would it be?

Second question.

If you were to start out from scratch, with what you know now,what would you do diffrently? Would you do it again?[go into pressure washing that is].

Lastly, what do you see yourself doing 5 year's from now?

[be honest]

12 answers to this question

With my very limited expierience

1. The most important thing I have learned is let the chems do the work.

2. I already am starting from scratch so I don't know what I have screwed up yet.

3. 5 years from now I plan on having to go to Home Depot to buy another wheel barrow to get all of the money i am going to make to the bank.

1-Most important thing I learned from the bb's is:Let the Chemicals do the work as others have stated.

2-If I had to start from scratch I would've bought a Hot water PW in the beginning instead of the 2 cold water ones and yes I would still get into Powerwashing because its what I like to do.

3- In five years from now I plan on having alot more commercial work(Contracts) and myself along with other employees doing the cleaning. I say I because I love doing Flat work and I like to do physical labor along with Mental labor.

single out the most important thing that you learned from the BBS [any bbs on pressure washing] What would it be?

Chems do the work, but which chems is the question. I have tried many so called degreasers and they are not that great. Some work better than others, but I am still looking for that magic wand somewhere.

Second question.

If you were to start out from scratch, with what you know now,what would you do diffrently?

Not a whole lot.

Would you do it again?[go into pressure washing that is].

Yes, I like playing in the water.

Lastly, what do you see yourself doing 5 year's from now?

[be honest]

Well, to be honest. I have to get there first, but I plan to be washing and making more money than I do now.

Is their a way to post a list of specific cleaning chems. Then have a voter pole and a comment thread from everyone that post's a comment about that cleaner?

What bbs will have the brass to put their product's up against the rest for some user commentary?

I mean honest responses,with no reguard for ownership of their bbs. No disrespect just honest opinions.

I think it could help sellers and mfg. as well as us, the contractor's.

Most allready have on-line tiff's anyway's.

What's the opinion on my "consumers Reports" for the contractor by the contractor?

You Said "shake it up" well im "shaken it here boss"[steve McQueen-cool hand luke]

Ron,

I see one problem with a voter poll on chemicals. What is to say that people are using them the intended way.

Some people mix with the Glug Glug techniques, and others upstream and have no dwell time. One person may be able to get better results with a cheap chem from the autoparts store, due to correct usage,while someone else has poor results due to their lack of reading and patience. Just a thought.

that the evauluation would be followed by the they way/ratio/dwell/ect.... that the person responding would talk about.

This is how the seller/mfg could benifet from the post.

maybe the end user is doing something wrong?

maybe the product just is not up to par?

Who is willing to put it on the line?

If i sold or mfg. a product i would want it to be the best and for people to use it correctly.

Would'nt you?

I strive to be the best, even if i loose money.

That was my fault, if i under est.

customer satisfaction is number 1!!!!!!!!

75% of my buissness comes to me because of my reputation.

25% because im the only contractor that returns a simple phone call.

That's no bull stuff.

Hi Ron,

Here's what I see.... (scarry because I have not had much coffee yet)

Start a series of polls in the chemical section. Have one for each type of product line, with the items listed within that line. So, you would have a poll for truck washing soaps, one for wood restoration products/stripping, one for wood restoration/general cleaners, one for kitchen hood cleaners, one for flatwork, etc.... then in each one list what's out there.

I think we need to post this as a poll where you can choose more than one result, so you're saying what you have tried. Then below ask folks to explain what worked or didn't work for them. Right now it is set to 10 items. I can add more if we need to. We would also need the manufacturer's name as well as the product name so we are all on the same page.

How does this sound? We can do this with wood sealers too. Also we can do this with concrete sealers. We can do this with equipment.

Let 'er rip!!! :)

WOOHOO

Beth & Rod

The polls are a good idea, especially if focus is on what works vs. what does not (this reinforces OTP's thoughts). I think with enough votes, the rest will automatically fall out (well...sort of).

Chemicals can be like employees - The one you let go is not a bad employee, they just didn't fit the job (I'm sure everyone / thing has something they excel on.)

Seems like every time I stop at one of my distributors, they throw another catolog at me (each with 30-40 products in it). I have to tell them to circle the top 5 quality products on the index pages and put prices on them otherwise I don't want the info.