Sign in to follow this  
WashRite

Injector Problems - any Ideas?

Question

Chemical not pulling when using my Hi-Lo fan nozzle. Bear in mind, I've used these nozzles for several years now and it worked great halfway through a job and then it just stopped. On high pressure I'm running 3500-3550psi and when I'm using low pressure I'm running below 2000psi. This should be plenty of drop in pressure to pull chemical. I replaced the ball (ceramic), spring and o-ring and no change. I also checked the orifice and it looked great but I changed it as well and still nothing.

It will pull chemical using a 40 tip and/or with no gun at all. Any idea or thought of why the injector is not working using the Hi-Lo nozzle?

9 answers to this question

Did that first

I also tried two new Hi-Lo nozzles - still didn't work.

Normally, I run 4 chemical lines through 1 injector through a manifold but when this happened I hooked the house wash line only directly to the injector to eliminate other variables. Still no help.

Edited by WashRite

I could be wrong but 2000 psi isn't low pressure and not low enough to pull. Are you sure the high/low nozzle is sized properly? What gpm is your machine and what size ds'er are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The actual pressure drop was to appx. 1800psi and I have been using these same Hi-Lo fan nozzles for several years now and have never had a problem. I can't remember the orifice size but it is a #2 of the four that come with the super suds sucker. My machines are 5.1gpm Hotsy's and the H-Lo fan nozzle is a 5.5. Again, this is the set-up I've been using for quite a while.

My trailer has two machines so when this quit working I just changed machines to finish the job. When I got back to the shop I wanted to figure what was happening but I could not so I thought I would throw it on here and see if anyone else has had similar issues and a resolution.

One thing I did realize, however, is another advantage of having both machines tied together with the ability of running them independently using ball valves is I didn't have to change hose reels and roll one out and roll one up. When house washing I generally just run one machine when working alone. When this injector issued popped up I didn't want to roll up the hose and roll out the other so I adjusted ball valves to run out of the other hose reel. For some reason I didn't realize I could do that. I guess I never had to.

post-2917-137772411051_thumb.jpg

post-2917-137772411039_thumb.jpg