Sign in to follow this  
dthomas978

Best Gutter Cleaning Chemical

Question

18 answers to this question

I go through about 5 gallons a year of the F-13 and it works great. I did have my first set of gutters 3 weeks ago refuse to come clean and I even strengthened it to around 3 or 4:1 and tried on a small section and on a 70 degree day...nothing. After 100's of gutters I finally came up on one that it wouldn't work. But every gutter since like a charm!

Edited by HighTide

Not that I know of. Of course it better be good money to be out in those temps. Colder temps we just heat up the gutter and brush on spray off as usual.

I have been cleaning gutters for years, and the most affordable product that works very well is "Purple Power" industrial strength. You can get it at

Home Depot in the 2 1/2 gallon container. Dip a soft blue bristle "vehicle" brush that is attached to an extension pole into the solution. Do not dilute.

Brush solution on LIBERALLY to about 15 linear feet. IMPORTANT: You don't have to scrub or apply torque to the pole while applying. Just keep

going over the area with the brush and you will start to see the solution work it's magic.

The 2 1/2 gal container is about $12, but it will last a long time if you gauge how much to use at each job. I have used this product as an excellent

way to upsell my house washing jobs. Hope this helps!

Freddie Humphries Jr.

www.staybrite.net

803-381-1016

The MSDS on Purple Power contains the good stuff listed below...just very diluted. If I ever ran out of F-13 and needed something in a pinch, I may try this.

2- Butoxyethanol* <8%

Sodium Metasilicate <5%

Sodium Hydroxide <6%

Edited by HighTide

OK, for those who use F13 how do you apply it? Do you have to brush it on, or have been been able to downstream or xjet effectively?

OK, for those who use F13 how do you apply it? Do you have to brush it on, or have been been able to downstream or xjet effectively?

Pump up. Dip brush in it. We downstreamed it straight onto a three story gutter once.

Another question, if I prepare a batch of gutter cleaner using F13 how long will it last? Do I have to use what I prepare the same day, or can I put a lid on it and save it for another use?

I understand how to make a batch, but I know when using SH for housewash or Percarbs for wood you have to worry about it them losing their effectiveness. Thanks for the response once again.

Butyl ,potassium hydroxide , potash flakes, simple green, degreaser. All work in varying degrees on gutters. Most products have some of these ingredients in them.