Sign in to follow this  
squirtgun

Good freinds

Question

We have made some good friends since we went full time in this industry a year ago Oct.Among those friends are Roger & Celeste Gothorp(Carolina Pro Wash),whom we had the chance to meet face to face for the first time this weekend.

A short time back Angela and I cleaned a driveway that turned into a huge nightmare.I discounted the price,then dropped it more when the customer started to haggle with me.Of course this 3 hour job turned into a 7 hour job.While on the job our 16" surface cleaner started acting up and we blew the ends off of 2-100" pressure hoses.Finacially we have had it super slow this year and have struggled to make ends meet .Buying a new surface cleaner just isn't in the budget,at least the hoses were repairable.

Roger and Celeste called and offered us a 30" adjustable steel eagle that needed some work if we wanted it.Then a few nights later Roger and I were talking when I mentioned I was looking for a 225 gallon leg tank.He then offered us a 225 leg tank in addition to the surface cleaner.He then said they would even deliver it to S.Georgia.

They came down Fri(they got in about 1:15am) and we had a great time hanging out with them Sat. while Roger and I plumbed the new tank.Our kids spent all day Sat. playing and they attended our churches fall festival with us.

There is no way to ever express how thankful we are to Roger and Celeste for their generousity.Not only did they give us the tank and Steel eagle they also drove 8 hrs to bring it to us and asked for nothing in return.Roger told me "If the good people don't take care of the good people,no one will." Truer words have never been spoken.

Thanks so much Roger and Celeste>

post-306-137772139476_thumb.jpg

13 answers to this question

Hey....good man Roger (and Celeste!).

Scott,

If you are in need of another tank, let me know. I have one of those 225 or 250 gallon totes (cubes) already plumbed and ready to go if you'd need one.

Just out of curiosity, what problems were you having with the driveway and customer? It's always good to know issues other cleaners have so we can all be aware.

Ryan,

The customer is just a rich tight wad and I should have never let talk me into lowering the price.The concrete had been previously cleaned with acid and was etched so severly it was barely coming clean with the 16" surface cleaner(the seals are shot and it's just not preforming well anymore)we cleaned the vast majority of teh driveway with a wand.Concrete that is etched badly doesn't seem to clean well with surface cleaner.

Thanks for the offer on the totes ,but I let Roger have the 300 gallon we had on the trailer.

More props to Roger and Celeste from us..

On the way back through Atlanta to North Carolina tonight, Roger and Celeste rang us up on the Nextel and we met them for supper.

Truly great folks and a big thanks to them for taking time from a long weekend drive to stop and pal around for a couple of hours with us. We feel honored that they would think of us and we look forward to seeing them again.

Pam & Cujo

We really feel blessed to have made friends such as Scott, Angela, Beth, Rod, Pam & Cujo....If business ever goes south for us, we will have made friends for life anyway. We thoroughly enjoyed the time we have spent with all of you guys.

Celeste

Roger and Celeste,

You truely are great people. Hope to one day make it back to God's Country and meet both of you. I truely enjoy the chats on the phone we have.

Reed

Roger told me "If the good people don't take care of the good people,no one will." Truer words have never been spoken.

>

Amen.

I'm looking forward to the PWNA convention in March, hope to meet up with a lot of great folks out here.

This a picture of my 5 yr old son on the velcro wall at the fall festival that we attended while Roger and Celeste were visiting.I think every parent should have a wall like this and a few of these suites in their home.

post-306-137772139497_thumb.jpg

The wife and I are heading to Gatlinburg, TN next weekend for time away. They have one of these up there...I'll send some pics of me being spider man! Loads of fun for about 5 minutes. It'd be better if there was a good trampoline directly under it to really get some height.