Sign in to follow this  
John T

Henry Bockman/PWNA/ the new committee that has formed.

I'm curious to see what some of you guys think about the PWNA Article that has come out in the March Issue. I just got my hard copy but I think you can now view it on the net Cleaner Times Magazine and look for the newest issue.

I think the story is on page 28. One of the cover stories is about Michael Hinderliter which is excellent.

A quick synapse about the PWNA story is how Henry gave his very creative/interesting and successful "Clean Across America Campaign" to the PWNA for keeps. Henry did credit people for helping him along the way but all of that will come out on another day where so many more will now want to read how Henry came up with his idea and who helped him along the way. His story will grow.

The PWNA renamed Henry's vision to "Clean Across North America" (Cana) and from there the PWNA board did a surprise move to give me an award named in Linda's honor. Later Linda authorized the marrying if you will Her famous Grandfather Babe Ruth's name to be allowed along with hers to be linked with the PWNA.

So with all of that I went out to get the strongest staff I can assemble that all have different strengths to possibly get things done. Every committee member I put together I talked to all of them that there will be no old grudges, disagreements or anything negative allowed to be a part of this.. I need there strengths.

All agreed to do this and all were humbled by it. They also became PWNA members first because if we are to drive something home through and Industry then it has to have some structure to get it done..

After many deep thoughts on this and because non-profits seem to work better for the powers to be to listen it was determined that it would be impossible to allow other BODS From other groups to be a part of this decision due to different bylaw rules etc.

Jim Grady for example is a big window Guy (past president) IWCA and is a big supporter of BOMA which is an org I can't afford to join. Talking with Jim he see's my vision. If it works out he has the ability to reach out to the BOMA group and tell them about this award.. So that should help bring guys into this industry to help it get more notice. They also will understand that they will have to be a PWNA member to participate in these yearly volunteering projects.

I'm at the teetering point of potentially driving something home and whenever I did something it was always thru a structured group so others will listen. It's a dream shot but besides that I would love to hear some thoughts on the article Henry and I just did thru Terri Perrin for the Cleaner Times Magazine.

Ask me any question you like here or add any thoughts.. I learn alot from what people say and do.. And your opinions on this counts since I'm taking this industry into uncharted waters where so far no one gets hurt because I'm bulletproofing as much as I can with our committee to make no one feels like they lost for trying.

Appreciate your thoughts.

John I really wish you well, I hope the campaign brings good to all those who participate.

Looks like a good bunch of guys you assembled. Good luck with the group. I think it will be a hit because you are passionate about the program.

I stand ready to see what you guys foster as good for the industry an humanity. This alone will determine my future I'm sure as others to participate.

Good luck John , if it becomes huge I hope you really can change some lives for the betterment of the industry.

I think Henry did some great things, he worked hard no doubt. In the end what did they help?

I want to see our leaders scholarship a child, help disabled elderly. Assist troubled teens, help homeless vets with maybe a jobs program.

Washing a building standing around it for photo oops doesn't do anything for me. Especially ones contractors get paid to wash.

I hope you do not take my comments negative John , I hope you understand that in my life it's about what good I can actually accomplish. Looks like you have been given a great opportunity. I hope you use it well. If you do regardless of the past people will rally if the project can help someone somewhere.

Ron ********** text me for

questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute.com

What has exactly changed from the orginal campaign John? Is it still volunteering, donating your hours locally, etc? Are we still going to submit the questionnaire of what we are doing, how many hours, etc?

Rob all good questions and there all going to be address and some can already be answered. Charlie Arnold is the Chair of this committee and along with him, John Allison,Everett Abrams, Jim Grady and myself the workings of this whole thing will be completed in the near future.

John I really wish you well, I hope the campaign brings good to all those who participate.

Looks like a good bunch of guys you assembled. Good luck with the group. I think it will be a hit because you are passionate about the program.

I stand ready to see what you guys foster as good for the industry an humanity. This alone will determine my future I'm sure as others to participate.

Good luck John , if it becomes huge I hope you really can change some lives for the betterment of the industry.

I think Henry did some great things, he worked hard no doubt. In the end what did they help?

I want to see our leaders scholarship a child, help disabled elderly. Assist troubled teens, help homeless vets with maybe a jobs program.

Washing a building standing around it for photo oops doesn't do anything for me. Especially ones contractors get paid to wash.

I hope you do not take my comments negative John , I hope you understand that in my life it's about what good I can actually accomplish. Looks like you have been given a great opportunity. I hope you use it well. If you do regardless of the past people will rally if the project can help someone somewhere.

Ron good points. In the Clean Across America Campaign there were many others that also did Ronald McDonald houses, Churches, and many other free cleanings.

As in most things in life it's the big stories that come out and the small ones people don't remember. Most will know about the lincoln Memorials and the Cooperstown stadium etc but they will not remember that Beth/Rod did a Deck for someone in need without charging or that some of the other guys and gals did a free cleaning in there area for someone in need. John Allison besides the many things him and his wife have done who new that he gave a free skid to a person who was critically injured and had no health insurance and was trying to get back on his feet.

This is why I looked around many times to see who could be in this committee that can drive things and also be creative at the same time. 4 guys that I had in mind for this committee weren't current PWNA members. 3 of them became one and the other person had there reasons why not to be a part of this at this time and I respect that.

So to answer your points if you read the article it's was those type of things that I was hoping one of the committee guys can figure an answer to because I may have an idea but I sure don't have the answers. Everett explained a way to get all recognized who participate in this campaign and how to go about that. He brought up an example and boom off and running we go. Linda loves it so we go from there.

As far as your other points Some of them are being done with other orgs such as scholarship money towards some kids.

All of that is a potential goal but for now where only laying the ground work to get some positive idea's moving. Hopefully within this industry the majority of the people don't think that only one org counts. Because it doesn't. Jim will stay connected with his other org related things as the other guys will do but hopefully this intertwines our industry more with there's also.

Right now it's a map and where going to try and open some roads if that makes any sense.

Ron good points. In the Clean Across America Campaign there were many others that also did Ronald McDonald houses, Churches, and many other free cleanings.

As in most things in life it's the big stories that come out and the small ones people don't remember. Most will know about the lincoln Memorials and the Cooperstown stadium etc but they will not remember that Beth/Rod did a Deck for someone in need without charging or that some of the other guys and gals did a free cleaning in there area for someone in need. John Allison besides the many things him and his wife have done who new that he gave a free skid to a person who was critically injured and had no health insurance and was trying to get back on his feet.

This is why I looked around many times to see who could be in this committee that can drive things and also be creative at the same time. 4 guys that I had in mind for this committee weren't current PWNA members. 3 of them became one and the other person had there reasons why not to be a part of this at this time and I respect that.

So to answer your points if you read the article it's was those type of things that I was hoping one of the committee guys can figure an answer to because I may have an idea but I sure don't have the answers. Everett explained a way to get all recognized who participate in this campaign and how to go about that. He brought up an example and boom off and running we go. Linda loves it so we go from there.

As far as your other points Some of them are being done with other orgs such as scholarship money towards some kids.

All of that is a potential goal but for now where only laying the ground work to get some positive idea's moving. Hopefully within this industry the majority of the people don't think that only one org counts. Because it doesn't. Jim will stay connected with his other org related things as the other guys will do but hopefully this intertwines our industry more with there's also.

Right now it's a map and where going to try and open some roads if that makes any sense.

Henry if there's anything I can help with just say the word. You contributions to awareness to our industry has been top notch. You need anything in the future I'm here to help.

Thanks for you past efforts if I have forgotten too in the past. Your efforts made a difference.

Just want to add Henry has expressed that there were others over the years who helped him make this Clean Across America a Continued success.

Soon we will hopefully be able to continue what the Now called "Clean Up North America" be able to get more recognition for the ones that participate in the "Give Back"

As soon as the ACR RT is over(still looking for a miracle to get there but now Kathy also got the Epidural she needed today so between that, Powerwashing and driving the kids places it's going to be tough to break-a-way) we will work to get to the end goal for the PWNA which is the award, the certificates for all who participate and how to have a selection team to pick the "Volunteer of the year award" and it won't be based on high profile jobs.. It will be based on impact for the ones they did it for..

This will never diminish people that volunteer and never want to get recognized for that.. There privacy will be respected.

The hope is to have more people to Volunteer for others and to be able to show appreciation for them in doing so.

K that's all I got.. Any questions, idea's, thoughts on this feel free to post, email or call me(I'm not one to get bogged down with phone calls so I stay away from them but will return your call if requested)

Thanks

Just want to add Henry has expressed that there were others over the years who helped him make this Clean Across America a Continued success.

Soon we will hopefully be able to continue what the Now called "Clean Up North America" be able to get more recognition for the ones that participate in the "Give Back"

As soon as the ACR RT is over(still looking for a miracle to get there but now Kathy also got the Epidural she needed today so between that, Powerwashing and driving the kids places it's going to be tough to break-a-way) we will work to get to the end goal for the PWNA which is the award, the certificates for all who participate and how to have a selection team to pick the "Volunteer of the year award" and it won't be based on high profile jobs.. It will be based on impact for the ones they did it for..

This will never diminish people that volunteer and never want to get recognized for that.. There privacy will be respected.

The hope is to have more people to Volunteer for others and to be able to show appreciation for them in doing so.

K that's all I got.. Any questions, idea's, thoughts on this feel free to post, email or call me(I'm not one to get bogged down with phone calls so I stay away from them but will return your call if requested)

Thanks

Then why pick just one? This gives me an idea. It's silly to single our anyone person on this sort of thing.

Thanks John you inspired an idea.

Then why pick just one? This gives me an idea. It's silly to single our anyone person on this sort of thing.

Thanks John you inspired an idea.

Ron this idea was brought about by the PWNA Board of Directors to name an award in Linda's honor. John Orr also expressed the same thing. The PWNA named me the first recipient of it and that was a complete surprise.. Linda was surprised by it all to.. It was a nice gesture by the PWNA but now it's down to business with this and how to do it.

Read the article and you can see a dilemma we had as a committee. Everett took the lead on that and how to recognize all of the participants. Linda is working along with some idea's on this also. There are no losers in here. There all are going to get recognize but to give out the award itself And it's named in her and Babe Ruth's honor thru the PWNA how do you give this out to all??

Believe me I tossed and turned on this one. When I gave out the pic/plaques last year that emotionally drained me because initially it was going to go to 1-2 people.. But I kept going back because I couldn't pick them.. And these were gifts.. Linda never did what I ended up doing with her... You know me I want to give out to so many people and she was great. Those Babe Ruth Bats she had custom made and she gave them out at the Convention she did that for me because I was devastated to be able to get her honored thru the Politicians and to not close out my dream to get Robert and Joe Honored for the Industry which I had but lost it at the very end..

She's been a dream. I never knew at the Convention she was going to do that except she believed me I had something for her that she will be surprised and she won't know until I say it at the end of my speech down there and she also paid me back because I felt rotten I couldn't pull off the trifecta that was on my fingertips.

So what's your thoughts on the award?? How do you spread that one out without minimizing it? Keep in mind all participants will be getting something.

Ron this idea was brought about by the PWNA Board of Directors to name an award in Linda's honor. John Orr also expressed the same thing. The PWNA named me the first recipient of it and that was a complete surprise.. Linda was surprised by it all to.. It was a nice gesture by the PWNA but now it's down to business with this and how to do it.

Read the article and you can see a dilemma we had as a committee. Everett took the lead on that and how to recognize all of the participants. Linda is working along with some idea's on this also. There are no losers in here. There all are going to get recognize but to give out the award itself And it's named in her and Babe Ruth's honor thru the PWNA how do you give this out to all??

Believe me I tossed and turned on this one. When I gave out the pic/plaques last year that emotionally drained me because initially it was going to go to 1-2 people.. But I kept going back because I couldn't pick them.. And these were gifts.. Linda never did what I ended up doing with her... You know me I want to give out to so many people and she was great. Those Babe Ruth Bats she had custom made and she gave them out at the Convention she did that for me because I was devastated to be able to get her honored thru the Politicians and to not close out my dream to get Robert and Joe Honored for the Industry which I had but lost it at the very end..

She's been a dream. I never knew at the Convention she was going to do that except she believed me I had something for her that she will be surprised and she won't know until I say it at the end of my speech down there and she also paid me back because I felt rotten I couldn't pull off the trifecta that was on my fingertips.

So what's your thoughts on the award?? How do you spread that one out without minimizing it? Keep in mind all participants will be getting something.

John if the award is true , there's always someone who will shine through. People in our industry do amazing things.

I'm sure you guys will write a criteria for nominees an the rest will happen. Or allow there piers to make the final choice.

How ever it's done if the people are actually awarded for good no ones going to care. If these are just feel good awards it will be diminished anyway an wont matter. That's the key, the people actually deserving. The story actually real, no made bs. The committee actually verifies these things. Maybe contract either mike , daryl or paul to conduct the investigation. Lol I'm sorry everything above the last sentence was true. I couldn't help that.

Hope the positive aspects help you. I know all the guys on your committee an they will figure it out. Good crew

Well you got that right about the guys on this committee. The hardest thing will eventually be to pick the one who gets the award and where not at that point yet.

I like Everetts idea about the certificates which shows every participant that completed there volunteering under the PWNA Clean Across North America campaign will be recognized.

Every org. Has there special honors that members can achieve. This one here benefits those that give back..

The challenging part about this Ron is trying to figure it all out and to actually get it done. Reason why this strong committee is in place.

John I'm sure as always there's always a person who wants or feels more important than others. That should be a clue, they are usually the ones who did the least.

Everett is one of the most Stand up guys in the industry, lets hope the same people who tarnished his good name don't attempt round two.

Well you got that right about the guys on this committee. The hardest thing will eventually be to pick the one who gets the award and where not at that point yet.

I like Everetts idea about the certificates which shows every participant that completed there volunteering under the PWNA Clean Across North America campaign will be recognized.

Every org. Has there special honors that members can achieve. This one here benefits those that give back..

The challenging part about this Ron is trying to figure it all out and to actually get it done. Reason why this strong committee is in place.

Edited by Beth n Rod
SIDE NOTE:Ron - negative inuendo is not productive here. Just saying....

John,

If you need anything, let me know. :groovy3:

Beth

Thanks Beth. You always have been steady as she goes. I appreciate the support and when the real deal comes and it will because we have it all and destiny plays into or hands... We have all the cards... You will then be needed somewhere and sometime.

John I'm sure as always there's always a person who wants or feels more important than others. That should be a clue, they are usually the ones who did the least.

Everett is one of the most Stand up guys in the industry, lets hope the same people who tarnished his good name don't attempt round two.

Everett is honored to be in this and I'm honored he accepted. Try every which way you want Ron to one day be nice and then the next day say your above remarks.

These guys on this committee are in there for a reason and an intertnet Guru as yourself has no bearing on dealing with destiny. This is out of your league Ron. The guys in here and the surrounding supporters stay true to the course where your like a dust in the wind.. I love your idea's on your good days but when you go thru that Dr.Jeckle Mr. Hide thing where the next remark from you is uncalled for it makes me feel everyday I picked the right guys..

To be more blunt.. Just look at this group. These guys picked themselves without knowing it.. How did that happen.. Pure Destiny. There day in the Sun is coming.. They need just a little bit more info which it's coming to them soon..

And they will have stories for there grand kids.. This you can't buy.. It's in your heart.. And Ron as much as I like you as a friend even both of our quirks.. This is not in your heart.. You let it all go on your own free choice.. And that is your destiny.. And watch how we take care of the children.. Thousands of them.. Also watch how this brings out the child in all of us.. Watch my friend.. And you can not stop it even if you or your posse keep trying to drag me down... I just get stronger.

As far as who your posse is to help drag this down.. Well just go back to your bb.. He's all over it now starting trouble with another STUPID remark to belittle his members..

Everett is honored to be in this and I'm honored he accepted. Try every which way you want Ron to one day be nice and then the next day say your above remarks.

These guys on this committee are in there for a reason and an intertnet Guru as yourself has no bearing on dealing with destiny. This is out of your league Ron. The guys in here and the surrounding supporters stay true to the course where your like a dust in the wind.. I love your idea's on your good days but when you go thru that Dr.Jeckle Mr. Hide thing where the next remark from you is uncalled for it makes me feel everyday I picked the right guys..

To be more blunt.. Just look at this group. These guys picked themselves without knowing it.. How did that happen.. Pure Destiny. There day in the Sun is coming.. They need just a little bit more info which it's coming to them soon..

And they will have stories for there grand kids.. This you can't buy.. It's in your heart.. And Ron as much as I like you as a friend even both of our quirks.. This is not in your heart.. You let it all go on your own free choice.. And that is your destiny.. And watch how we take care of the children.. Thousands of them.. Also watch how this brings out the child in all of us.. Watch my friend.. And you can not stop it even if you or your posse keep trying to drag me down... I just get stronger.

As far as who your posse is to help drag this down.. Well just go back to your bb.. He's all over it now starting trouble with another STUPID remark to belittle his members..

John again your not making much sense. Trouble John ? No ones giving you anything but help John , your just taking things out of context again.

Good morning John I hope your feeling better today.

John again your not making much sense. Trouble John ? No ones giving you anything but help John , your just taking things out of context again.

Good morning John I hope your feeling better today.

It was fun talking to you twice today Ron even though they were our shortest calls in history. Between the college where doing and using a forklift for the next job today I feel great but still wish I could've been at the ACR roundtable.

Hey me and another put or difference to bed. It's over.. To much time wasted on both our parts which I'm sure our wives can attest to.

I can't hang with you Ron on the net. Your the Net King. I don't sit in that " computer" room anymore. Its bad enough I carry my I-Pad like a pocket book(what happened to me.lol )

Your a good guy and your full of idea's and I will always be amazed how you do what you do and you can stay on the net in the process.. You must quadruple task.. Your wired in..

Will talk again another time.

John hire good people, then you can play

It was fun talking to you twice today Ron even though they were our shortest calls in history. Between the college where doing and using a forklift for the next job today I feel great but still wish I could've been at the ACR roundtable.

Hey me and another put or difference to bed. It's over.. To much time wasted on both our parts which I'm sure our wives can attest to.

I can't hang with you Ron on the net. Your the Net King. I don't sit in that " computer" room anymore. Its bad enough I carry my I-Pad like a pocket book(what happened to me.lol )

Your a good guy and your full of idea's and I will always be amazed how you do what you do and you can stay on the net in the process.. You must quadruple task.. Your wired in..

Will talk again another time.

John hire good people, then you can play

I have them. The same 2 guys for 5 yrs now. When we get cranking at times we have up to 2-4 additional. One of those additional guys is a contractor who jumps on when we take on the larger jobs. He's been with us going on 3 yrs.

This is about as large as where going to get.. Because I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up..lol