Sign in to follow this  
nlantz

Downstreaming/Injector/xjet housewash ratio question ?

Question

When you all talk about down-streaming do the majority of you use a 10:1 or a xjet ?

With a 10:1 do I apply 12% and surfactant straight uncut and add water for an xjet because of the diffrent ratio ?

Currently I still use a pump sprayer for gutters up a ladder with a brush and 10:1 a "detergent" for siding and rinse it all down low from the ladder or shoot it with a empty mnpt nozzle. My legs are jelly from all the up and down ladder work on some jobs so I would LOVE to switch over to a 12% mix if it means hardly any ladder work. It will save allot of time and add allot of safety.

anyone have a good recipe to use with a 10:1 they are willing to share ? or know where I can score the good stuff up here in Canada ? such as simple cherry or f-13 to attack 2nd story gutters from the ground ?

7 answers to this question

Our downstream injector is around 10:1 we use 2 gals 12% sh and 2.5 gals water. I have never gotten on a ladder to do a house wash.

+1, I used to cut my 12.5 2:3 but lowered my dilution. I was frustrated with having to re-soap certain areas 2&3 times when oxidation and growth was very bad.

Nick I see no one answered you, I think by now you found the info. Let us know

Lol Ron you bet I did.

Did a quick test on my 10:1 and found out its more like 20:1 over 75ft, I filled up a 1 gallon jug with water, figured it would run empty once i filled up 2 5er's that should be 10:1 correct ? didn't turn out to that and i gave up after the 3rd 5ver.

Ended up fitting my 25gallon sprayer with airline hose and quick connects, made a airline male to power washer female hose/gun adapter. When need be I can now use my 20ft extension wand fitted with 4gpm tips to spray chem up to 30-40 ft with hardly no over-spray.

I needed a decent way for a drivit beach house with nowhere to put a lift. Turned out great. I would post some pic's but the only ones I have are imbedded in flash over on my website

2 gallons 10% sh, 20 gallons Dihydrogen monoxide, 3 gallons of whatever works for that situation.

Still never tried 10-12% for a housewash mix other than drivit or understand how you can clean gutters/trim by softwashing without scrubbing. Have yet to find a Canadian distributor for simple cherry or gutter grenade to test it out.

[h=3][/h]

Lol Ron you bet I did.

Did a quick test on my 10:1 and found out its more like 20:1 over 75ft, I filled up a 1 gallon jug with water, figured it would run empty once i filled up 2 5er's that should be 10:1 correct ? didn't turn out to that and i gave up after the 3rd 5ver.

Ended up fitting my 25gallon sprayer with airline hose and quick connects, made a airline male to power washer female hose/gun adapter. When need be I can now use my 20ft extension wand fitted with 4gpm tips to spray chem up to 30-40 ft with hardly no over-spray.

I needed a decent way for a drivit beach house with nowhere to put a lift. Turned out great. I would post some pic's but the only ones I have are imbedded in flash over on my website

2 gallons 10% sh, 20 gallons Dihydrogen monoxide, 3 gallons of whatever works for that situation.

Still never tried 10-12% for a housewash mix other than drivit or understand how you can clean gutters/trim by softwashing without scrubbing. Have yet to find a Canadian distributor for simple cherry or gutter grenade to test it out.

G'day Nick, When you say "Dihyrogen Monoxide" - some thing I've never heard of - do you mean this stuff Facts About Dihydrogen Monoxide ?

John