Sign in to follow this  
NorthEastPW

Melted Plastic on Concrete?

Question

i have a job that i am doing the end of this week and was wondering if anyone had advice to remove melted plastic off concrete. the house burnt down a week ago and i am cleaning the floor/walls/outside walls, and the front walkway and stoop. the vinyl siding melted and dripped on to the concrete, there is also melted aluminum for the fascia as well, it is a mess! it is on the front stoop and on the floor of the basement as well so i guess my question is is there a solution i could use to help remove the plastic stains or just hit it with hot water and a rotary nozzle? any advice would be helpful, thank you

post-9124-137772417423_thumb.jpg

post-9124-137772417397_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

Try scraping down any thick mounds with a floor scraper, apply a heavy coat of fast acting stripper, let it dwell for a good bit, hour or so, then blast it with a roto and heat. Done it on fire damage brick/block from melted shutters and siding with a gel stripper from prosoco. Made a difference but did not come out 100%

Not sure if it would work but you could try remelting it with a heat gun then hitting it with a roto tip & heat quickly before it hardens back up ? that may be to time consuming or may just harden as soon as the water hits it.

No matter what you do the results will be way less than perfect, and whoever you're working for needs to understand that. Heat, pressure, and a turbo nozzle will help if the concrete can take it. This is a job that can take up a lot of time so charge accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk