Sign in to follow this  
RickDel

Downstreaming with a Pump with Integrated Unloader and Injector Question

Hello, I'm looking at buying a pressure washer with a General TX1510 pump w/intergrated unloader and injector. If I understand 'downstreaming' correctly, the chemicals are introducted to the water supply after it leaves the pump, so chemicals don't enter or damage the pump . However, if the TX1510 has an 'integrated' unloader/injector, does this mean the chemicals will enter the pump? I want to be able to use bleach, which I know will damage anything it touches (I plan to get a disposable bleach gun). I also realize pumps with integraged unloaders are disliked here, but I don't think I'll have any problems with the limited amount I plan to use it (UNLESS I can't use this to downstream, and in that case, I'll need to find something so I can use bleach).

General TX1510

post-9330-137772419212_thumb.jpg

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Brand: General/Interpump Pump[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• General 63 Series Triplex Plunger Pump

• Built-In unloader with chemical injector

• Direct Drive with Gas Flange 8.0-13.0 HP SAE

• Max. Volume: 4.0 GPM

• Max. Discharge Pressure: 3,500 PSI

• Max. Pump Speed: 3400 RPM

• Shaft Diameter: 1” Hollow

• Max. Horsepower Requirements: 12.72 GHP

• Max. Fluid Temp.: 165° F

• Inlet: 1/2" MPT

• Outlet: 3/8" MPT

• Forged brass head has an exclusive lifetime warranty

• New long life low and high pressure seals

• Drive Side: Standard right

• Weight: 18.2 lb.

Thanks for the help. - Rick

It will be after the pump, otherwise the it would lead to all sorts of warranty claims.

Good Point!!

The owner's manual isn't pump spacific, because I think they use a couple different models, but it does say "do not use bleach" with the injector. I guess that's just to cover the hose and wand.

Thanks

I would recommend looking for a pump with an externally mounted unloader. If the unloader fails, and ruins the housing, you get a new unloader. On the TX, you'll have to replace the whole manifold...probably about as much as a new pump.

I would recommend looking for a pump with an externally mounted unloader. If the unloader fails, and ruins the housing, you get a new unloader. On the TX, you'll have to replace the whole manifold...probably about as much as a new pump.

I agree! I think I'm going to get a Northstar PW with a Cat 66DX pump. That pump has an external unloader. However, I just spoke to a Northstar sales rep who told me they still discourage running bleach through the downstream, because it still has a potential of pulling some of the cleaning detergent (bleach in my case) back into the pump. (it's always something!!)

Anyhow, thanks for the reply!

Hi again Rick,

If you are going to downstream bleach onto something and walk away, you are going to have problems.

If you intend to rinse whatever you soak in bleach then you'll also be rinsing the bleach application apparatus.

Check out the pressure washer model that Russ recently posted up here.

It seemed like pretty substantial unit. And Russ can answer any question that you can imagine.