Sign in to follow this  
Scott Stone

A Note from Jon.

Question

I know that many of you know who Jon is. He recently underwent surgery on his eyes, and has been down, and actually sold out due to this medical condition. He sent me this e-mail last night, and I thought I would share it with you. I fyou could throw a prayer or concern his way, I am sure that he would appreciate it.

Hi Scott,

As usual I saw my doctor today and things are going ok, not as they should but not as bad as a week ago when there was blood where it should not be, still a bit there but going away, gas bubble still inside eye but slowly dissipating yet no sign of being able to see yet!

Doctor said I can spend a little time watching TV as long as I am higher then the screen meaning standing up, yeah two hours watching a moving and I am ready to take a nap, LOL.

No driving, lifting, nothing requiring any effort yet and still sleep face down, since I am so hyper last week he prescribed Valium so I won’t be so active and with Remy sneaking up on me every time I try to do anything I might as well sleep forever.

I hate taking any kind of narcotics so am not taking them as I should which is one in morning and one in evening to keep me tired, I take one every 18 hours, give or take an hour.

Larry Hinckley from Delco has sent me Email and every time I reply it keeps coming back to me so I guess I will call him so he knows I have read and tried to reply to him.

Truth be told I am sort of preparing for not having any eyesight in my left eye since as of today still nothing, cannot even tell if they are moving their hand in front of it or not yet all signs show positive improvement, all except the one they cannot test yet, did the Macula Hole heal up, that is going to be a few more weeks, well could be a couple month.

Then the cataract has to be removed which I knew would grow due to the operation so that might be one reason not able to see yet.

All in all my spirits are up and I will be mentally ready for what ever the results are and let me tell you not being able to drive is the hardest part.

Not sure if I will sell truck or not yet, it sits, I run it for about 15 minutes once a week but that is all.

Ok enough of me for now as I get tried doing this.

Happy Thanksgiving and all and it is ok to let others know my status.

Jon

7 answers to this question

Man, sounds like macular degeneration. Nasty stuff. My mother has it and there is nothing that can be done for her. A little on the old side of life, whereas Jon is getting a jump on it I hope and pray.

Thank goodness Jon is getting something done early to where they may be able to arrest it.

Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

Reed

My father also has it, so did his father. They say the key is early detection and surgery. Our prayers are with Jon.

And Jon...if you are reading this before you are allowed back online...STOP it and behave!

Beth

I got an email from Jon, he misses everyone and is going nuts trying to behave and do what the Dr. says. He also says he saw the posts here, and I was right - BUSTED - he was reading when he shouldn't. He says he logged off and is behaving again now.

Jon, please do as the Dr. asks while your eye heals. I know you, and I know you'll be back to read this again...

Beth

Now Jon needs to get his browser to read stuff to him. Microsoft has that stuff worked out now...allegedly. The technology has been around for atleast 10 years that I know of.