Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

A lot of wood !!

Question

36 answers to this question

Adrian,

You're not kidding, those pictures on the lake are a ton of wood. Nice work. Give my regards to Shane when you talk to him, the Pergola King and a charter member of the BDA.

We started mid - March this year with wood, the earliest in 12 yrs. Never had to re antifreeze the pumps, it has been that mild. Have only lost a handful of days due to dew/rain since that time, it has been a stellar Spring. Best early start to the season ever.

Suppose to get down to freezing tomorrow night, so it's a late start on Monday morning. Just as well, the help and I are overdue to take a break. I'm tired, and it's only April! It's a great wood season so far.

A little outside of my service area. But fire away with the DIY questions. Maybe we can help you get started.

I have posted in [h=1]Forum: DIY'ers - Ask The Pro's

I don't know about double posting I am new here??[/h]Thank you for response . You do great work! Again Thanks

Adrian,

You're not kidding, those pictures on the lake are a ton of wood. Nice work. Give my regards to Shane when you talk to him, the Pergola King and a charter member of the BDA.

We started mid - March this year with wood, the earliest in 12 yrs. Never had to re antifreeze the pumps, it has been that mild. Have only lost a handful of days due to dew/rain since that time, it has been a stellar Spring. Best early start to the season ever.

Suppose to get down to freezing tomorrow night, so it's a late start on Monday morning. Just as well, the help and I are overdue to take a break. I'm tired, and it's only April! It's a great wood season so far.

Thx Rick.

Going downtown today to estimate some IPE (yay ugh) and Shane and I are going to have some lunch after. I'll tell him you asked about him.

Yeah, those were some pretty good projects for sure. However, i am very glad to be off of the water for a while. The old nerves ya know !!!!! It's a long way down with a 4 ft high lake level.

I have posted in Forum: DIY'ers - Ask The Pro's

I don't know about double posting I am new here??

Thank you for response . You do great work! Again Thanks

Hey thx man. Appreciate the kind words.

I wouldn't be doing my job around here if I didn't ask you to complete your signature line.

Don't want to get fired you know.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18569[/ATTACH]annnnnnnd another...... I quit...must face the day. Have a good one all. Can't be lazy, go,go,go,go!!!!!

How do you you clean underneath those second story decks with acid? I know very careful.But I do have one to do when ever I

finish my fence.

Thanks again Danny13

Danny,

At the risk of sound a bit anally proactive....

If you get to that stage of a project and have never done it. It's time to hire a professional.

Your fence..... totally doable by yourself. It can be difficult .... but you have done your research so far.

However, when you are faced with proper tarping, landscape protection, PPE, and the cost of whatever products you use.

You might as well hire a professional who already has the gear at his disposal.

In fact in some cases you could potentially pay more to do it yourself in the long run.

...... you should only be spraying that acid as a neutralizer for the stripper and or cleaner that needs balanced. Not as a cleaner itself.

Wow, man, I hope I didn't scare off another DIY.

I'm so good at that you know. !!!!!

If you are talking about me? No you did not run me off !I finished the fence not as good as you but it looks better to me and my wife. I have some pictures that I have been trying to post them.I will try again.

Thanks Danny

awesome cleaning job. Curious.... is the last pic an after pic with stain? If so another application would create a more even flow of the tone. Looks like the wood drank more stain in soime areas than others.

Looks real good, I'm just picky that way. I wouls add one more app of the stain to even it out a bit.

You failed to mention you have a pool though.

I'll be over after work.... lol.

Good job.