Sign in to follow this  
Mike

New Post Problem

Question

Is anyone else experiencing a "New Post" problem? When you sign onto The Grime Scene, it says there are 8 New Post, when you click to view it says "Sorry, No matches found" I've never had this problem here before and I hope it gets fixed as I enjoy reading new and current messages.

16 answers to this question

Anyone experiencing this problem should try clearing their cookies and see if the problem persists. If it does after trying that, let me know.

Thanks! :groovy3:

Beth

Works Now Beth, Thanks

Mike

Anyone experiencing this problem should try clearing their cookies and see if the problem persists. If it does after trying that, let me know.

Thanks! :groovy3:

Beth

Beth it's been doing this again for the last week. I've deleted my cookies, temp files, logged out and in and nothing seems to fix the problem, It says:

"New Post (32)"

and when I click on it to read the new post, it says sorry no matches found and goes back to New Post (0)

....the weird thing about it, is if I post a message, and then it says New Post (1) .. I can click on that and see my post listed.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I go to the many other bb's and the new post link works fine.

KJ - those would be polls. Polls will reactivate when someone votes. (willing to bet)

Beth

For a couple days I would keep seeing ASHPALT SHINGLE CLEANING APPLICATIONS thread posted as new without any new response.Yes, I clear my cookies,temp files several times a day.....

KJ...what you're seeing is what Beth was describing. Whenever someone votes in a poll, the thread is refreshed and is shown as updated. The board doesn't distinguish between a new post in the form of a message and a new post in the form of a vote. The way I tell whether or not a message post has been made or not is to see if there is a "View first unread" at the top of the screen, just under the "Post" button. If there is no "View first unread" link, I assume that their have been no new messages added and that a vote has been placed instead.

Still cant seem to get this to work, I came on today and saw New Post (42) ....I clicked on it and it told me no found matches. Again, this is the only bb that I have this problem.