Sign in to follow this  
Cullen Adams

Using Grounding to Address Inflammation

Question

Really interesting stuff courtesy of Dr Mercola -

Another simple lifestyle strategy that can help prevent chronic inflammation is grounding or earthing. Stated in the simplest terms possible, earthing is simply walking barefoot; grounding your body to the Earth. Your skin in general is a very good conductor, so you can connect any part of your skin to the Earth, but if you compare various parts there is one that is especially potent, and that's right in the middle of the ball of your foot; a point known to acupuncturists as Kidney 1 (K1). It's a well-known point that conductively connects to all of the acupuncture meridians and essentially connects to every nook and cranny of your body. By looking at what happens during grounding, the answer to why chronic inflammation is so prevalent, and what is needed to prevent it, is becoming better understood.

When you're grounded there's a transfer of free electrons from the Earth into your body. And these free electrons are probably the most potent antioxidants known to man. These antioxidants are responsible for the clinical observations from grounding experiments, such as beneficial changes in heart rate, decreased skin resistance, and decreased levels of inflammation.

Furthermore, researchers have also discovered that grounding thins your blood, making it less viscous. This discovery can have a profound impact on cardiovascular disease, which is now the number one killer in the world. Virtually every aspect of cardiovascular disease has been correlated with elevated blood viscosity. It turns out that when you ground to the earth, your zeta potential quickly rises, which means your red blood cells have more charge on their surface, which forces them apart from each other.

This action causes your blood to thin and flow easier. It also causes your blood pressure to drop. By repelling each other, your red blood cells are also less inclined to stick together and form a clot. Additionally, if your zeta potential is high, which grounding can facilitate, you not only decrease your heart disease risk but also your risk of multi-infarct dementias, where you start losing brain tissue due to micro-clotting in your brain.

8 answers to this question

I know folks will read this and think....Yea Right!...but my Sister swears by this and actually uses "Grounding" devices for personal well being. I have used them too.

I truly believe there are natural treatments to most of our body ailments out there, but big medical companies would rather sell you a pill to fix it while causing damage to some other body organ so you have to get a pill for that. No Thanks!!!

I was raised on vitamin & mineral regiments and at 51 years of age am Blessed that I don't take any type of maintenance medicines except for an aspirin or Advil every now and again.

Nature Is The Key, Think About It.

That is some interesting info.

As hyped up as I can get my resting heart rate is always in the hi 50's to around 60-62. I had my blood work done just last week and my heart rate there was 60 and blood pressure was right at the end of normal range(monster drinks...can that add to blood pressure?) everything was good but my left knee has never seemed to heal right.. It swells every day. Except for sleep meds which my Doc is helping me get off(29yrs of shift to mostly night work and 17 yrs PW caused that problem) the knee swelling is a mystery.

Interesting topic..so it really helps inflammation.... I'll probably step on a nail with luck going barefoot--DOH

Can I make a ground lead out a wire and alligator clip?

Or buy them, ground goes to the ground in an electrical outlet. There are "Grounding" blankets or finger grounds.

John, you should try magnets for your knees, I use them also.

Or buy them, ground goes to the ground in an electrical outlet. There are "Grounding" blankets or finger grounds.

John, you should try magnets for your knees, I use them also.

I never heard of this grounding. Something to think about for sure--thanks.

All the answers for healing the human body come from nature. The reason disease is so prevalent is due to the poisons in processed food and the pharmaceutical garbage they try to get us all hooked on. Excellent article.